584,841 active members*
4,437 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Machine Serial Number

Had to re-initialise the machine after total loss of parameters due to no battery. Have replaced the battery and set the machine type using Debug. Loaded up the backup but have noticed setting 26, machine serial number is corrupt. Does anyone know if this matters or how to correct it ?

Re: Machine Serial Number

Quote Originally Posted by rrbmachining View Post
    Had to re-initialise the machine after total loss of parameters due to no battery. Have replaced the battery and set the machine type using Debug. Loaded up the backup but have noticed setting 26, machine serial number is corrupt. Does anyone know if this matters or how to correct it ?
    If the serial number is incorrect it will affect what options are turned on. Also after 900 hours you will need to put in an unlock code. If the serial number is incorrect the correct unlock cannot be generated. So the machine will be down.

There is a series of codes you can type in, in engineer mode which will clear the serial number and allow you to put the correct one in. However you will need to put the parameters and settings back in as well

Where in the UK are you based

Re: Machine Serial Number

Quote Originally Posted by mclark View Post
    If the serial number is incorrect it will affect what options are turned on. Also after 900 hours you will need to put in an unlock code. If the serial number is incorrect the correct unlock cannot be generated. So the machine will be down.

There is a series of codes you can type in, in engineer mode which will clear the serial number and allow you to put the correct one in. However you will need to put the parameters and settings back in as well

Where in the UK are you based
    I'm in Essex, I am thinking about totally reloading the machine as I think something corrupted when loading. The machine type was not set in debug mode when I reloaded all the parameters and settings