584,842 active members*
4,269 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Which air compressor for Chinese CNC with HSD ES930 4.5Kw ATC spindle?

Which air compressor for Chinese CNC with HSD ES930 4.5Kw ATC spindle?

Hi there, I recently got a Chinese CNC with HSD ES930 4.5Kw ATC spindle and I need to purchase an air compressor for it. The manufactured recommended a 7.5kw Screw air compressor with pressure vessel and a Air Dryer checked with my local supplier and something like that would be rather expensive and bulky.

Machine is not going to run 24/7 most probably two days a week for half a day each, HSD recommends 6-7 bar for the tool changer and dry air. I am wondering which type of air compressor would fit the basic requirements without breaking the bank or unnecessary power requirement. What about the air dryer? Any positive experiences with simpler solutions?

Any advice would be really helpful, many thanks!

Re: Which air compressor for Chinese CNC with HSD ES930 4.5Kw ATC spindle?

It would that any compressor with 90 or more psi should be compatible. Therefore, a compressor of 120/240v single phase would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosted Images View Post
    It would that any compressor with 90 or more psi should be compatible. Therefore, a compressor of 120/240v single phase would work.
    Thanks! Any advice regarding the air drier? An air drier unit is quite expensive but I am concerned that it would damage the spindle in the long term if I just use a regular air compressor. What about oil less one compared with the standard ones? Anyone with some long term experience using affordable compressor with these type of spindles? Thanks again!!

When they say 'air dryer' they might just mean something like this:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203095898...0AAOSwdLJfT-RU
    You never know.

They aren't quite 'industrial' scale machines afterall.

You would just need a dissecant air dryer ,,, nothing fancy.
    Quote Originally Posted by javito View Post
    Thanks! Any advice regarding the air drier? An air drier unit is quite expensive but I am concerned that it would damage the spindle in the long term if I just use a regular air compressor. What about oil less one compared with the standard ones? Anyone with some long term experience using affordable compressor with these type of spindles? Thanks again!!

Yes, I agree, the CNC has one of those on the air intake, find attached picture but in their recommendation they include screw air compressor -few thousands $- with air drier –which is around $600- so I am a bit lost about this. Would a standard air compressor with one of these filters be sufficient? Can I damage the spindle in the mid term by not using a proper air drier or bulkier air compressor. I can imagine that many users would have experience of running chinese CNC with these type of settings? Many thanks!! I coud really use some advice from experienced users

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0784.jpeg 
Views:	0 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	463712

Thanks, checked some of your previous posts and I see that you have a similar machine. Any other advice that I could get from you regarding the air compressor before I go ahead and buy it? Thanks again, it is reassuring to know that I can go for an affordable option instead. Best

Hi again, I was about to get an affordable air compressor around $500 -8bar 3HP 80L oil less– my local supplier insisted that I need a refrigerated air drier costing around $600, not sure why is giving such a different option, I actually live in a quite dry area so dont think there are local reasons to go for the refrigerated drier. Users in the forum said that just a desiccant air drier would be sufficient but I am not sure how to go about this. I found a webpage in internet recommending a number of silica gel dessicant filters, something like this would be perfect https://atdtools.com/7761 Funny thing is that I am unable to find something similar in the Europe/Spain. I might be using the wrong keywords for searching but I puzzled that I cant find any alternative made in Europe, anyone could suggest european brands so I can get it locally? Thanks again!!