585,604 active members*
3,312 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma Macro and writing to file

Okuma Macro and writing to file

Hi all,

It's been a while, so a quick re-intro.

I've been an engineer for 35 years, programming CNC Fanuc for most of those years,

recently I been introduced to the Okuma MU6300V machines, I'm ok programming in Fanuc Macro B but never programmed Okuma.

I like the idea of writing reports on the machine,

I've included a snippet of code below, Is this the best way to do this or is there a better way ?

Also does anyone have a manual with examples / best practice on this topic.

Thanks in advance for any help, I think I'll be spending quite a while in the forum.

Alan

IF [PRODRUN EQ 1] PT1
    PUT ‘No’
    GOTO PT2
    PT1 PUT 'Yes'
    PT2
    WRITE C

Re: Okuma Macro and writing to file

hy, your code is fine pls check attached tiny mess

with osp installed on windows, all kinds of reports can be created, all kind of apps can be used / kindly
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.png  
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Thanks for the overcheck and info Kitten.

Could you give me more info on the OSP software.
    If it’s a download, could you attach a link please.

Thanks

Alan

what kind of infos are you interested in ? do you wish for help, or a second opinion on a random code ?

at this point, you are too general, so i can't give you a specific answer; if you have doubts on something, or you need anything, just say it

Also does anyone have a manual with examples / best practice on this topic
    don't go that way, it will waste your time; you don't need books; just start with simple stuff, then develop it ( if someone spents a few hours writing his own macro is way much better than reading best books that are out there ); what else to expect from "if-then" and "V2=V1+1" and system variables ? in the end, is all about how you nest the 'if's'; that's all how you allready know fanuc macro b, then i guess all you need is a transition to okuma
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Hi,

I have similar question regarding writing to file. I added few lines at the start and end of my nc file to calculate and store actual cutting time (refer attachment) in a common variable (e.g. #520). May I know is there there any macro or gcode command to write #520 variable value to the end of corresponded nc file?

Reason to do so is because my milling machines come with different controllers (Fanuc, Heidenhain etc.), and they are all connected to workshop PC through FTP shared folders to receive NC files from PC. Writing actual cutting time to nc file in shared folder would enable me to retreat this information without having to setting up additional data integration between machines and workshop PC.

Thank you.

hy james i have seen others asking same question as you, but there was no simple(cost free) answer; you need file asignemnt functions

okuma machines have built-in functions, that simply reduces/eliminates costs with integration: receiving timestamp files, sending & autoselection & running program files, and much more, can be done on a default machine / good luck