584,846 active members*
4,532 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > pokeys57cnc and mc60 motor controller

pokeys57cnc and mc60 motor controller

Has anyone used the above combination? I had a pmdx411, gecko g540 and mc60 working on my lathe. Needed more outputs and switched to Pokey57CNC. The g540 had 3 wires to the mc60, the +10v, common and 0-10v to regulate the spindle speed.
    I am electrically illiterate and cannot figure out how to wire the pokeys board to the same mc60 speed controller. I have the white connected to pokeys 0-10v output but don't know where the black and red wires should be connected. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
    RT

Re: pokeys57cnc and mc60 motor controller

According to an image I found, the MC-60 controls speed using a potentiometer. Red and black are some voltage and ground. White is a divided voltage between some voltage and ground. The pokeys board just outputs a variable voltage so I wouldn’t connect the two without more checks.
    A simple solution is to hook those pins up to a 10k pot and set the speed manually. Just put white in center connector. You could either put a switch on the speed controller power to turn it on. Or attach some ssr (relay) to pokeys, which is more complicated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daz and Dean, thanks.

Re-tested all the wiring for continuity and voltage again. One of the solder points had disconnected under the shrink wrap. Up and running again. Just need to final mount a few more items and re-test.

RT

If your analogue source supplies 0-10v between the two conductors, you would just need to connect one to the common (L) and the control to centre (W).
    BTW there is a mod to prevent having to zero the voltage every time you start.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.