585,996 active members*
3,850 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 10TF Questions

Hello,
    I have just purchased a W&S WSU 25 CNC lathe with this control. It has not arrived yet it is still waiting to be picked up by trucking co. I bought this mainly because of the Fanuc control and then found out it is a conversational control. I want to ask if it is possible to program this machine with Mastercam. I am not familiar with conversational programming and feel I don't have time to learn. We have another lathe with a 6T control that we use Mastercam for. Can I use the same post for both lathes? I guess really what I am trying to ask is can the 10TF be programed both conversational and with G code?
    TIA,
    Keith Steele

Hi Keith

you can use mastercam to program your lathe. If your control has FAPT, it is a breeze to program the machine. very easy. if it has teach / guidence function, then use mastercam. t / g is s##t!! conversational will output g code. I used FAPT conversational 17 yrs ago on a 10 T control and at that time i had very little cnc experience and zero programming exerience. enjoy your new machine.

Gerry

Does it got symbolicfapt? Thats easy, takes one day to learn. The fapt will convert data to Iso nc code, so you will still run programs that are designed as normal Iso code. THis is a veryfast way to generate programs of advanced profiles. I can get some pics of how the programing works in fapt until tomorrow if there are interest..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SUC50013.jpg  

Thanks for the help. I don't know if it has Fapt or T/G. I look forward for it to get here and be running.

Quote Originally Posted by M-man View Post
    Does it got symbolicfapt? Thats easy, takes one day to learn. The fapt will convert data to Iso nc code, so you will still run programs that are designed as normal Iso code. THis is a veryfast way to generate programs of advanced profiles. I can get some pics of how the programing works in fapt until tomorrow if there are interest..
    Hi,
    Yes I am interested. I still am waiting for machine to be delivered but the dealer sent the books on it here. All I have for a book is "FAPT Programming Training Manual" published by W&S. It is very confusing to me as I have read thru it and can't get it yet. I think it is a classroom manual . Is there any good training manuals anyone knows about.
    Thanks all for your replies,
    Keith

HI I NEED HELP! I HAVE A CNC DAINICHI LATHE WITH 10 T CONTROL DONT KNOW IF IS A 10T A
    OR 10 TF CONTROL I NEED SOME HELP TO KNOW WHAT THE PECK DRILLING CYCLE FORMAT WOULD LOOK LIKE AND WHAT EACH PARAMETER MEAN I HAD PROGRAM CNC MILLS FOR A WHILE BUT IM NOT THAT FAMILIAR WITH THIS LATHE
    THE GENERIC FANUC TO T IS COMPLICATED AND ITS EXPLANATION IS NOT TOO GOOD
    THANX

curzgames,
    I would suggest starting a new thread and maybe label it "peckdrilling cycle on a 10t control" or something like that. This thread is over 3yrs old and not to many people are going to look in it to help with a canned cycle question.

FYI your G-code format for a lathe will be pretty identical to a machining center. G73 or G81 depending on peck or high speed peck. R- plane, Q-pick size. etc.

Stevo