585,748 active members*
3,559 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > PlanetCNC > I can NOT connect to Planet CNC controller

Hybrid View

I can NOT connect to Planet CNC controller

As the title says, I can't connect. I've tried three different computers, three different USB cables, no luck.

When I click rest in the planet CNC software, I see the LED on the controller flash fast, so I know it's getting to that point. I even ordered a new controller and still the same issue. When I click connect controller in the Planet CNC software all the dots that indicate what is going on in the software flash red and then go off again. Everything was working fine until I had to hit the Estop when I had a bad distance on the depth and the spindle dropped down and popped the fuse. I have no idea what I'm missing here. Yes, I did twist the Estop to reset it.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Dan

Re: I can NOT connect to Planet CNC controller

Which controller?

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetCNC View Post
    Which controller?

this one

Quote Originally Posted by XRing3 View Post
    this one
    Counterfeit controller, from China?

Quote Originally Posted by SeeAnnSee View Post
    Counterfeit controller, from China?
    Nope, that's been replaced. I have two control cards from Planet CNC and neither one will connect. It looks like it tries and failed. The only other thing I can think of is the E-stop button has failed. I'm going to try replacing it and see if that helps.

I still have no clue where I need to be looking here, so I'm stuck with swapnostics. In the attached picture I've replaced the blue circled items, the controller I had was a MK3DRV and it was replaced with a new MK3DRV, no change.

Because this happened after hitting the E-Stop, I thought, maybe the switch failed, so I replaced that. No change. I also tested the wires, just in case one failed, all tested good.

What the problem seems to be, and I do hope someone can either confirm or deny this and get me in the right direction for a fix. It seems like the E-stop isn't resetting. If I try to connect the laptop to the controller, all the indicator lights(picture two) will flash red for a moment and then go dark. I get the exact same result if the E-stop is pressed in or not. However, as I mentioned above, the switch was replaced.

Back to the first picture, the item circled in red appears to be connected to the E-stop switch. I'm not sure if this has any control over the connection of the computer to the controller. But it's the only thing I can't figure out.

I really need this unit up and running again because it serializes my parts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210516_144717.jpg   Screenshot 2021-05-16 150237.jpg  

And just like that, it's working. A huge shout out to the big guy at Planet CNC. Had I seen the Email he sent yesterday, I would have had it working then. Even though the controller was visible in the TNG software, it wasn't selected. As soon as I did that, poof, all was working.