584,841 active members*
4,608 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > HuanYang With 2.2Kw Air cooled spindle - how do I get a zero speed signal from it?

HuanYang With 2.2Kw Air cooled spindle - how do I get a zero speed signal from it?

Greetings.

I am trying to figure out how to get a zero speed signal from the VFD so that I don't destroy my tool change system.

It appears that parameter 50 when set to 3 provides this signal,
    I have checked for voltage differences between DRV and DCM and I have check for continuity changes between the same terminals, neither of which changed with the spindle running or stopped.

Most probably I am doing something wrong or I don't know how to use that "output".

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Chris D

Re: HuanYang With 2.2Kw Air cooled spindle - how do I get a zero speed signal from it

Quote Originally Posted by Chris D View Post
    Greetings.

I am trying to figure out how to get a zero speed signal from the VFD so that I don't destroy my tool change system.

It appears that parameter 50 when set to 3 provides this signal,
    I have checked for voltage differences between DRV and DCM and I have check for continuity changes between the same terminals, neither of which changed with the spindle running or stopped.

Most probably I am doing something wrong or I don't know how to use that "output".

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Chris D
    It will depend how you are controlling the VFD Drive

PD050 may do what you want, depending on your VFD Drive model it may be 04 some are using 03 and or 04 for Zero speed you may also look at PD052 as you could use these relays also

You won't measure anything, the For and DCM are just switched with a Relay normally

DRV is an opto output you need a +24v / 100ma voltage to use these outputs ( Which can be supplied by the drive if it has a +24v )
    Mactec54

Re: HuanYang With 2.2Kw Air cooled spindle - how do I get a zero speed signal from it

Hi
    How would I Wire that? My control uses 24v logic, but not sure how to wire this.

Does that pull my signal low when activated?

Chris

Hi
    How would I Wire that? My control uses 24v logic, but not sure how to wire this.

Does that pull my signal low when activated?

Chris
    Don't know what your control or Breakout Board is
    Mactec54

I'm using a centroid Acorn controller - no breakout boards needed.

Chris

THis morning I got some time on the machine to figure this out. For my VFD, to get a "relay" type control signal, I used the FB & FC terminals and set parameter 52 to 2. Testing showed the contact operating when the spindle comes to a stop, not just at the STOP signal. This should do the trick for my needs.

Chris D

THis morning I got some time on the machine to figure this out. For my VFD, to get a "relay" type control signal, I used the FB & FC terminals and set parameter 52 to 2. Testing showed the contact operating when the spindle comes to a stop, not just at the STOP signal. This should do the trick for my needs.

Chris D
    Acorn yes it has it's own Breakout Board most controls like this the Breakout Board is part of the package

FB & FC is what most use, as it is the easiest to set up / use
    Mactec54

The solid state outputs are just as easy to use, as long as the load is less than 24vdc @ 100ma, they are opto-isolated transistor sink, the At Zero Speed function is the one to use, it varies with model.
    What are the type of inputs on the Acorn, sink or source?
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    The solid state outputs are just as easy to use, as long as the load is less than 24vdc @ 100ma, they are opto-isolated transistor sink, the At Zero Speed function is the one to use, it varies with model.
    What are the type of inputs on the Acorn, sink or source?
    Acorn has some inputs H1 H4 that are sinking ( NPN ) which could be used

There has been problems with the these output on the VFD Drive, it may be they never got connected correctly as why they where unreliable
    Mactec54

It is too bad the transistor outputs have their commons connected, if each were brought out separately, they could be used in a sink or source manner.

Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    It is too bad the transistor outputs have their commons connected, if each were brought out separately, they could be used in a sink or source manner.
    According to the Acorn I/0 Map has sourcing
    Mactec54

One note on the warning not to use two wire sensors would not apply in this case as a the Opto transistor outputs sink enough current, it applies to the 2 wire Prox type/versions.
    The Huanyang should interface OK.

Albert E.