first, a reminder of my machine: it is a roughly 4 foot by 4 foot Techno/ISEL gantry router table, with a 5HP/3PH Perske spindle.

so with the understanding, from some i have spoke with, my machine is able to machine metal, but what what do i need to know to machine metal?
lets just assume i have never milled metal before... (not hard to assume). what i plan on milling, is certainly not Titanium. just aluminum or steel enclosure panels, to make openings for switches, LCD screens, whatever.

first on my list of concerns... coolant. do i need it, and what would be some ideas on collecting it from the table?
chatter, i know i need good clamping, but on thin panels, what is the best way to reduce chattering?

so, assuming coolant would be beneficial, my thinking is a tray around the working area that i can simply mount on the table, and drain it into the coolant tank (through a swarf screen i assume). the tray would be tall enough to prevent splashes from flooding my CNC shed, and i may even use a brush around the milling bit to catch spray off the spinning bit.
could be done, cost-wise, not sure yet.
i am assuming the coolant lessens some chatter, and of course extends the life of the milling bit, as well as lubricating.

~Travis