584,349 active members*
7,123 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Haas VF-0 Spindle Drive Parameters, Please

Haas VF-0 Spindle Drive Parameters, Please

Hi All,

My VF-0 1993 lost its Magnetek 503 spindle drive recently, and the only replacement available was the upgrade to a GPD515. Came in the mail today, bolted up directly and powered nicely, though now I don't have settings/parameters needed to talk under Haas control. Does anyone have a list of these settings? Just a few more minutes of inputs to the GPD and my mill would be back to shooting chips.

Your help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
    -Ken
    503.348.4276 or msg.

parameters

Ken
    did you get up and going with the parameter issue?

mas

Quote Originally Posted by roofis27 View Post
    Hi All,

My VF-0 1993 lost its Magnetek 503 spindle drive recently, and the only replacement available was the upgrade to a GPD515. Came in the mail today, bolted up directly and powered nicely, though now I don't have settings/parameters needed to talk under Haas control. Does anyone have a list of these settings? Just a few more minutes of inputs to the GPD and my mill would be back to shooting chips.

Your help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
    -Ken
    503.348.4276 or msg.

I did get help in the form of the Haas .pdf document publishing settings for the GPD503, GPD515 and the Mitsubishi spindle drives from a very helpful Mr. Marinovski at Zaritron, LLC (Zaritron) after a search for people servicing VFD drives & CNC machines. I'm a lot closer to making chips again, though still stumped, as the run commands are received, but zero speed signal, possibly from a stop signal present at one of the inputs. I won't get to work on the VF-0 until next Monday, I'm on vacation this week. I'll get the test meter in the back and trace out the signals. I think I'm pretty close... burns me a bit to have to wait so long to wrap this repair up!

Thanks for your response, and of course, if anyone else would like help with drive parameter programming I'll send the documents I've been given.

spindle

Yes, Mr. Marinovski at Zaritron, LLC is very helpful-highly reccomented. I remember having to put a tach on the spindle and adjust a parameter to get the spindle speed correct. Sounds like your just about there.
    best of luck.
    mas.

I got it! Two more days of troubleshooting to find the replacement GPD515 was bad. Installation & programming of a second replacement drive and the VF is chopping metal again.

Re: Haas VF-0 Spindle Drive Parameters, Please

Hi
    I bought a Haas vf-0 milling machine. 1993
    Unfortunately the parameters and all its settings have been removed. Does not run programs. If you have the original vf-0 device files, please send it to me so that my device can work again. Thanks