584,798 active members*
4,160 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Manufacturing Processes > Turning > HFT function on STAR-SR20J

Post HFT function on STAR-SR20J

Hi everyone.I have a question about a more detailed description of the HFT function from STAR, for chip breaking. I can’t find a more detailed description of the function’s operation and its indexes on their website or literature. The CITIZEN website has a very nice and detailed explanation of the operation of a similar LHV function. If anyone knows how to explain the operation of the HFT function in a similar way, I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jakob2796 View Post
    Hi everyone.I have a question about a more detailed description of the HFT function from STAR, for chip breaking. I can’t find a more detailed description of the function’s operation and its indexes on their website or literature. The CITIZEN website has a very nice and detailed explanation of the operation of a similar LHV function. If anyone knows how to explain the operation of the HFT function in a similar way, I would be very grateful.
    Thanks
    It is a macro that is linked to the PLC.

In the macro, it transfers the timer settings to the PLC where it stops and starts the axis (x-y-z single or any 2 combination at a time)when in cycle. It basically plays with the fanuc interlock system for milliseconds at a time (8ms-255ms).

It is 1 line of code to switch on, and 1 to switch it off. There is another code that can change the timer settings while HFT is already active.

I have a screenshot of the HFT ladder but currently annotating parts of ladder I do not understand to get better understanding how it links together etc.

Having HFT installed can make your programs a lot smaller and very easy to follow, and reduce swarf issues,, but if you wanted to, and it didn’t bother you, you could create a basic macro to replicate its function to save paying for it by either dwelling and cutting for a certain distance, or cut for a bit then retract…similar to peck drilling if you get what I mean

The stop start effect of HFT can impact surface finish so you do have to play around with timer values to get what you want, it’s not generally a switch on and it works straight away every time.

Material, tooling, depth of cut, feed rate, and spindle speed all contribute to its effectiveness.

Do you use Citizen LFV and have example of code? It interests me how it works. I did originally think it was a variation of HAAS SSV but it appears not to me..

Re: HFT function on STAR-SR20J

Thank you very much for this function information! drift hunters