584,857 active members*
4,133 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Ebay 3040z 400w spindle cant move axis

Hello, I hope you all can help me. The software which came with my cnc was garbage, and never worked. I bought mach3, and would like to configure this machine. The manual, and instruction videos from youtube were not helping. The machine I ordered came with a usb option preinstalled. Other posts have said this controller does not work with mach3, but I was able to extract the driver files, and Mach3 shows the axis positions properly. Any idea on how to fix my issue? I do have a estop issue, but I have tried low and high triggers.

I appreciate all the help, and can provide the driver files for those who are in need.

Re: Ebay 3040z 400w spindle cant move axis

I have a 3040 with a 400 watt DC spindel motor as well.
    My controller is Parallel port configured (printer port)

I use Mach3 to run it and have had no problems once I learned how to properly tune the motors and adjust the steps per unit.
    Seems I see a lot of problems with the USB ported controller boards.
    Makes me want to keep what I have.

If you think I can help give me a call 361-563-1303.
    Im no expert but I have learned a lot about this machine.

Dreicherter

I got similar problems, my came with corrupted files on the thumb drives. They had a bunch of Chinese characters as an extension. long story short I have done the same by buying mach3 out right. I was able to get machine moving by using parallel port. I really want to use the usb cable they sent that adapts to the parallel plug on back of control. I wish I could find the right driver to make that work. I tried a bunch but no luck.

Hi,

I was able to get machine moving by using parallel port.
    There is no such device that converts USB to parallel in that way. There are USB connected motion controllers like the UC100 and 57CNCdb25 which have a
    quasi parallel output port, but are in fact genuine external motion controllers that have an FPGA inside them..

Chinese made USB motion controllers for Mach3 are junk, don't bother with them.

Either stick with a parallel port or get a US or European made motion controller. By the way Ebay and Amazon have dozens of Chinese rip-off UC100s. Don't be
    caught....get a genuine UC100 from CNCDrive or don't bother, the Chinese rip-offs are no better than any of their other junk.

If you want an external motion control so you can use 64 bit OSs including Windows10, then get an Ethernet connected controller, way less noise prone and lower latency
    than USB. An Ethernet SmoothStepper by Warp9TD is a good example.

Craig