585,888 active members*
3,901 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Haas rotary

Haas rotary

Hello all I am running a HRT210 in an older Haas VF4. I am using Mastercam mill to program. When I programed it to drill looking from the tail end at 10 o'clock it rotated the opposite way and drilled the hole at 2 o'clock, again looking from the tail. Can anyone tell me why it is doing this and is there a way other than a custom post that will fix this issue, Thank you, Mike

Re: Haas rotary

Quote Originally Posted by mcrane200 View Post
    Hello all I am running a HRT210 in an older Haas VF4. I am using Mastercam mill to program. When I programed it to drill looking from the tail end at 10 o'clock it rotated the opposite way and drilled the hole at 2 o'clock, again looking from the tail. Can anyone tell me why it is doing this and is there a way other than a custom post that will fix this issue, Thank you, Mike
    The 4th is programed in degrees, as I'm sure you know. It also is programed in + (positive) and - (negative) you just need to reverse the rotational direction. Don't remember if the 4th itself can be reversed, but I'll bet that you can in Mastercam. If you are telling it 60 degrees, just change it to -60 degrees.

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28