585,705 active members*
4,088 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question BP series II Interact 4 to Contraves Contl?

I know this is a long shot, but I've tried everywhere with no results. I had to remove the Contraves ADB/F series 200 controller from my Bridgeport to do some miner repairs. Somehow I missed labeled one or more of the wire connections on the CRU or the CPI board. does nayone out there have the wiring diaigram for this controller?

The CRU board has 2 16 pin wire terminal blocks located on the bottom of the card and the CPI board has an 8 pin and then a 2 pin and then a double 9 pin terminal block. All the wires are numbered, but I think when removing them I somehow recorded the wrong pin number on the terminal block. when my machine is running a program cycle and gets to the M05 (spindle shut down ) code the spindle slams to a very hard stop. this is not normal as the spindle should spin down to a stop.

Help me please. all the repair centers for Contraves refuse to supply me with the wiring diagram. They want me to send in the unit for repair at a cost of $1095, no matter the problem.

thanks,
    Ben

I have an installation manual for a Contraves drive somewhere but not sure of the model number.
    I would have expected the spindle to come to a controlled stop and wonder if you have inadvertently altered the ramp or perhaps it was spinning down before and now you have repaired it the ramp needs set.
    Without putting a lot of thought into it I wonder if it would run ok if wired incorrectly.These minor repairs you were doing,what were they?
    Mark.

gridley51,
    Thanks for responding. I burned up a varistor on the CPI board and had to replace it. Before I did this the spindle would just wind down and stop, now it really slams to a stop, even quicker that an emergency stop. I'm not sure what you mean by the ramp?
    One other guy who repairs these contraves suggested turn the LIN pot on the CRU board, but that didn't do anything.
    Ben

The ramp is the time you set for the motor to get to full speed or from full speed to stop.They are normally adjustable individually.I can look at the book but I have a full day tomorrow and working away over the weekend.I had lathes with these Contraves drives on them,didn`t like them,had a lot of bother with one so replaced it with a Control Techniques Mentor and used it for spares for the other one.I will try and find the book and bring it home to look at tomorrow night.
    Mark.