584,860 active members*
5,008 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Buying a chinese CNC -> my experience & warning (advice welcome)

Buying a chinese CNC -> my experience & warning (advice welcome)

Hi,

After having learned how to use a 3D printer, I wanted to go one step further in the digital workshop, and bought a 6090 Chinese CNC in November 2020 from victoria_life ebay seller (~2k euros). This was the most expensive ebay purchase I have ever made, and I did it only because I had at the time only good support from Paypal when things go south.
    I received 2 parcels early December, which was ok in terms of delivery time. The only glitch was that a third parcel was missing : the whole upper part with x and z axis and spindle (42kg).
    The seller said that I would need to wait a bit more because he didn't have it in stock right now.
    We had a few mail exchanges, each time, I needed to wait a bit more.
    Now, 5 months later, he doesn't answer to my messages, and as of now, Paypal refuses to reimburse the purchase. The seller asks to return the CNC to China (~100kg of metal -> 1000€) for a refund.
    I don't see why I should pay 1000€ of transport because of a seller's fault.
    I'm still in discussion with Paypal on this topic.

This is only my experience, I'm stuck in this bad situation with half a machine taking space in my workshop and all my projects frozen, and 2k€ out, not sure how to solve this.
    I will update this post if things evolve.

If anyone knows if it is possible to buy the upper part (I asked several sellers, but they can't help me), I'm interested (or any other advice).
    Thanks for reading

Re: Buying a chinese CNC -> my experience & warning (advice welcome)

did you try disputing it with ebay they normally have pretty good buyer protection.

Quote Originally Posted by crafter0323 View Post
    did you try disputing it with ebay they normally have pretty good buyer protection.
    There was a problem of deadline with the Ebay claim (I was 1 day too late),
    Ebay just disregarded the complaint and didn't want to make an exception. Anyway, Paypal is supposed to cover the purchase...

Paypal has strict limits too on claims; I think it's 45 days. Shady sellers know this and make excuses until the deadline is past, at which point they stop replying.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

I guess there are shonks everywhere regardless of race creed or colour
    I have had good and bad experience's as long as you initiate a dispute you will be fine and it can then take longer to resolve with protection

Quote Originally Posted by Piwai View Post
    Hi,

After having learned how to use a 3D printer, I wanted to go one step further in the digital workshop, and bought a 6090 Chinese CNC in November 2020 from victoria_life ebay seller (~2k euros). This was the most expensive ebay purchase I have ever made, and I did it only because I had at the time only good support from Paypal when things go south.
    I received 2 parcels early December, which was ok in terms of delivery time. The only glitch was that a third parcel was missing : the whole upper part with x and z axis and spindle (42kg).
    The seller said that I would need to wait a bit more because he didn't have it in stock right now.
    Now, 5 months later, he doesn't answer to my messages, and as of now, Paypal refuses to reimburse the purchase. The seller asks to return the CNC to China (~100kg of metal -> 1000€) for a refund.

This is only my experience, I'm stuck in this bad situation with half a machine taking space in my workshop and all my projects frozen, and 2k€ out, not sure how to solve this.

If anyone knows if it is possible to buy the upper part (I asked several sellers, but they can't help me), I'm interested (or any other advice).
    Thanks for reading
    Just use every media platform you can to give a bad review of this seller,, this is very strange that that part of your machine is missing as he is just a seller and not the manufacture try and find the manufacture of that machine and see if they can help you, Never buy from a seller that sells everything and anything as they don't know anything about what they are selling
    Mactec54

Hi,

Thanks for reading
    I purchased one of these here in the US, and like your situation, the shipment ended up in multiple boxes delivered on different days. I can't fully remember if it was with different delivery companies as it was a few years ago. I do remember however, that all 3 boxes had unique tracking numbers. The tracking numbers were emailed to me via eBay messaging after the sale when the item shipped. If the seller followed that process you should have a tracking number for the missing box. You can contact the shipping company and lay a claim to them for the missing box with your tracking number since you probably didn't sign the delivery manifest for the missing box. The insurance would have to kick in at that point. Under the terms of the sales agreement on the sellers eBay page, Seller pays for return shipping. The problem is, on their end they sent 3 boxes and you'll only send back 2. I suspect there may be a box sitting in a DHL facility with your tracking number not clearly visible and no one there will take the time to "flip" the box over to expose said tracking number. If it's the box containing the upper gantry, it is heavy, and perhaps the costliest part also. I'm surprised the vendor didn't initiate a trace from their end with the tracking numbers when you first contacted them. You can always go to DHL web site and input the missing box's tracking number as those records are usually good for a year. If that shipment doesn't exist then Paypal has no other recourse than to refund you your money.

Just my 2 cents.

This probably doesn’t help, but I would just fabricate the upper part of the machine. Could cost up to one half of what you put into the machine. You would need square tubing and sheet steel, some metal working tools and a welder. The higher costs are slides and spindle. You could also buy the Z axis assembly. The machine might even be better than the original
    If you buy on eBay, and it doesn’t show up, start the complaint process immediately. Lesson learned for us all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2 bobs worth,
    I subscribe to Choice.com.au they have heaps of advice regarding Oz consumer law which is pretty strong.
    I think that Ebay.com.au come under that law which is rigorously enforced, so I suggest :- 1) check the Choice website 2) Threaten Ebay with consumer law action 3) Contact government consumer body in your state

P.S. I think under that law time limitations placed by sellers does not apply

Man I feel ya pain, I've been burned on ebay before in a similar way, I put in a complaint through ebay, and the seller then offered a refund if I closed the claim, so I did, then the refund never came, and ebay wouldn't allow me to reopen the claim, so I put in a claim through paypal and they closed the case because the seller had offered a refund, even though I never got it... neither eBay or Paypal helped me at all. I haven't used ebay since. the only way anything will change is if we vote with out feet and go elsewhere.

another thing to be weary of on ebay, which i'm sure you have noticed, is that many (and boy i mean most) of the listing in Australia as being Australian stock, aren't actually Australian stock. there was a video about it on youtube but it was taken down. Turns out there's a massive chinese conglomerate that operates it's own planes and has access to thousands and thousands of suppliers in China, and they pay contractors to list items on ebay, with the contractors getting a small commission for every item they sell. as soon as you order it, they place an order from china and it's on a flight within a day or so. they must have someone on the inside at customs or something because they clear customs very quickly. they have huge distribution centres in australia, the one that I know of is in Regents Park in sydney, and you will know that it's part of the conglomerate if it says it's coming from regents park, but has 2 week delivery (usually 3 days from Sydney to north Queensland). I have put in several complaints to ebay over the years and nothing happens. I contact ACA and nothing happened. It is fraud, and it is illegal, but ebay earns their cut so they do nothing.

Moral of the story: ditch eBay.
    Cut your way in... Weld your way out!!!

I am sure the seller was fully aware about the time limit on claims to ebay and Paypal.
    That explains the delays.
    So many scams going on today it is risky business to buy anything online.
    Personaly I will never buy anything that ships from overseas.
    Amazon is uasualy more expensive but they do protect your money.

Hello everyone,
    Thanks a lot for your messages!
    I just wanted to update you with a good news: I've been refunded by paypal after at least 30 phone calls with them explaining the same thing again and again. (The seller never sent the third parcel)
    I bought a new CNC from a different brand (China CNC Zone), which arrived quickly and very well packed (all mounted and secured on a boxed pallet).
    The parcel was sent from Poland as advertized on the product page. They seem to be much more professional than the other (no name) brand I bought from originally.
    I'm trying to make it work now.

Hello everyone,
    Thanks a lot for your messages!
    I just wanted to update you with a good news: I've been refunded by paypal after at least 30 phone calls with them explaining the same thing again and again. (The seller never sent the third parcel)
    I bought a new CNC from a different brand (China CNC Zone), which arrived quickly and very well packed (all mounted and secured on a boxed pallet).
    The parcel was sent from Poland as advertized on the product page. They seem to be much more professional than the other (no name) brand I bought from originally.
    I'm trying to make it work now.
    Hi. I read thru this thread and see you got refunded, great. But I wanted to comment so others can be aware of somethings I learned myself. I purchased a Chinese CNCZONE 6040 4 AXIS w/ 1.8kw water cooled spindle from a seller on ebay. It was sometime early 2019 and it arrived well packaged, in 3 separate boxes in a few days after purchased. I didn't need the 4th Axis and it still sits in the boxes, but for the price, I couldn't pass it up. I am in the USA btw. My problem/issue started with setup. There were absolutely no proper setup instructions except for a very poorly instruction sheet for assembly. So I had this awesome machine sitting there but I couldn't even turn it on and try out since I had no way to know how to set it up. To make a long story short, I contacted the seller. ebay messages went back n' forth with alot of misunderstanding and broken English. As some others replied, these sellers are not the manufacturer. They get the items in bulk and sell them and have no clue what the contents are. Nor do they care. They just want that sale. After lots of threats to file complaints to both ebay/paypal, I get an email from a girl in China that sent me mp4 videos on how to setup the machine with mach3. The mach3 software was illegal and pirated. So I went out and purchased my own copy of mach3 after I knew that the setup would work. The videos were also in chinese, but I just followed along without sound. I replied to the chinese girl on questions about the controller. She told me (in broken English) that she was merely the supplier in China who sends the items to the USA sellers to sell. She stated that there wasn't any easy way to contact the manufacturer directly. So I gave up on my questions with them. I later purchased Vectric Vcarve and with the help of their forums and a few others, it got me started and my machine was creating alot of great things.

That's my short story to a very long learning process of the chinese CNC machines on ebay. First thing I would like to comment on was the fact that you allowed them to delay things. As soon as you realized the missing parts didn't ship, you should have contacted the seller and DEMAND it shipped w/ tracking number or you will file the ebay complaint. If they try to delay, file your complaint in the time ebay allows. You can always cancel it if they finally do send it. You will win your case if it gets to that point because ebay rules are that sellers can not sell items they don't have available. Unless they clearly specify that something is on back order (or it is drop ship), they are suppose to have the item sitting in inventory and ready to ship once it sells. Like you, I didn't think to contact the seller prior to making the purchase about product support. I think that would have told me that they know nothing about the product and would not support it after the sale. I did contact the seller before I made the purchase to ensure it was in USA stock and ready to ship, because I did not want to wait weeks to get something shipped from China. That was my main concern back then. I should have asked about product support after I get it, but I didn't.

Anyone want to buy half a cnc router? Sell it on ebay!
    Halfnutz

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hello, thanks for sharing your story. It seems China CNC Zone has some level of support. The manual is poorly written and some pin numbers seem to be wrong...
    I think it's a project for patient hackers, don't expect to have a fully functional product right out of the box. For the moment, my 2nd CNC is moving its XYZA axes, but no spindle yet... Patience...
    With ebay & paypal, you have 2 protections. I used the 2nd one (paypal), because I missed the timeframe of the first one (ebay) by 1 single day and they didn't care to make an exception.

Did you manage to make the 6040 work in the end?

Credit card companies seem to have no issue reversing charges for things that were not delivered. I no longer trust paypal to do anything competently.

I had a session with support via teamviewer, which fixed the spindle issue. The CNC is up and running. Thank you China CNC Zone!