584,826 active members*
5,021 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: MPG Pendent

MPG Pendent

I have a MPG pendent from my mach 3 days and I was hoping I could use that on the new cnc12 from Centroid . I know they have a wireless mpg that does alot more than jog and for $299 I would expect it too. I am trying to get the mpg that I have to work from what I researched Centroid use to use these types of MPG pendents but I am not sure why they stopped using them . I know I will have to write a macro program or maybe copy an old one and that is what I am asking . Does anyone know of or know where I can find a macro for a wired mpg pendent ? I used this on Mach3 via db25 port and I was wondering if I could do the same with the acorn board or will affect the motor that I have wired to the screw terminals ? I know there are better and easier options out there, the fastest option would be to just buy the Centroid mpg and that might be what I end up doing , but I already have this one and if it is only just writing a macro program or something simple I would like to try it does nay one have any info that would help get this working ? I love a challenge and I know this board is capable of doing this task ..... any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Re: MPG Pendent

If you don’t get a reply here I suggest you ask on to the centroid cnc user forum.
    Most likely they will recommend that wireless MPG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it's possible. I looked into it a while back. I sold my pendant that I used on Mach 3. I really miss it and will eventually buy the centroid one.

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    I don't think it's possible. I looked into it a while back. I sold my pendant that I used on Mach 3. I really miss it and will eventually buy the centroid one.
    I was told u could it would just take some programming macros and it would not have all the functions it would only be able to jog

Quote Originally Posted by Michael82 View Post
    I was told u could it would just take some programming macros and it would not have all the functions it would only be able to jog
    I think you can use it as a keyboard emulator. Programming it to do so is beyond my ability. I don't think Centroid used wired pendants on the acorn those were on the higher end control boards. If you want cheap jogging I think you can use a contour shuttle express or an Xbox controller. I will eventually buy the wireless one Centroid sells. By the time I can get it here to Canada it will be about $500 though.

I bought the Centroid wireless pendant. It works well.