I acquired an old 4x8 cnc router and after installing mach3 on an old windows xp desktop and buying a C10 bob I finally got things going. I drew my first project in vectric aspire and cut for 15 hrs with no problem. I shut everything down that night and the next day my z and x axis only move in one direction.
I checked wires and swapped things around finally found that changing pins on the breakout board fixed the problem.
So my questions are #1. what is the best thing to replace this bob with? This is a big heavy machine (5000 lbs)? all 3/16 steel construction including the gantry. #2 I currently have both nema 34 x axis motors on separate drivers but same pins on the bob, should I change that? I would like to get something with a relay to control on/off for dust collector.
I would also like to eventually add a rotating axis and vacuum pumps for the existing vacuum table that I am currently not using due to no pumps.
I am open to any suggestions, usb, ethernet? I dont really know anything about this other than what I've taught myself through the process of rebuilding this machine.
Thanks in advance for any help

Shane