584,826 active members*
5,118 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Custom size metal cutting

Hi!

I make hand stamped dog tags and I work with specifically .16" thick 6061T6 aluminum and .156" thick 260/270 brass. I was going through online metals and it was fabulous to order my three main sizes- 1", 1.25" and 1.375" squares, they got rid of there no/low custom cut fee and it's not feasible on my end to pay as much as they're wanting now, I believe like $3-$5 PER cut. Looking to see if someone can offer the same type of service! thanks! I can provide examples of the squares I'd get, and then rounds.

-Michelle

Re: Custom size metal cutting

Might I suggest buying the material in 6 or 8 foot lengths and cutting squares yourself with one of these https://www.amazon.com/Evolution-Pow...s%2C225&sr=8-6

These saws are well suited for aluminum and brass.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Awesome!! I was kind of looking around for something to do the cutting myself but wasn't exactly sure WHICH would be the best option. Onlinemetals offer strips in the 1.25", and I could just buy the length I need.. cheap too- but wasn't sure about cutting it with myself. this helps a bunch thank you.

We would be glad to assist if you do not want to do this yourself. Contact us with details @ [email protected]

Thanks
    Donald

DO you have a blade recommendation? or will the blade that comes with it be sufficient enough? I know small aren't for brass.

Quote Originally Posted by Michellejs View Post
    DO you have a blade recommendation? or will the blade that comes with it be sufficient enough? I know small aren't for brass.
    I think they come with the aluminum or general purpose blade installed, but brass can also be cut with the same blade. We have one identical to that saw and have made thousands of cuts in aluminum with them in a production environment. The saws last about a year for us with very heavy use. We tried cutting stainless steel with the proper blade, but the saws are just too light for that use.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

awesome, I think it would be just fine for my use then. Thanks a ton .