584,871 active members*
5,253 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Vectric > Aspire > Aspire 10.5 Rotary Axis Help,

Lightbulb Aspire 10.5 Rotary Axis Help,

I am Tring my best to learn how to set up The Tool Paths , Roughing and Finishing Paths
    For machining Chess pieces, small statues ect, From Importing STL Models and Creating the Toolpaths.
    Need to know how to use the Settings for Optimum speed and cuts,
    Is it better to Zero Z-Axis on Surface? Or Center Of A-Axis? Things like this,,
    Also my codes are leaving a very small stick on each end of cut piece, is This NORMAL?
    This has been breaking when Changing tool for finishing pass and Re-zeroing, Also an hour and a half seems a bit too long for Roughing a little chess piece,
    I appreciate any tips and help for doing this, I'm lost as a ball in high weeds, :-)
    My stock is 1.375 round, Length of Model Cut is just under 3 inches, Like 2.980
    Cubs

Tried to post the STL File, But was too large,,

Re: Aspire 10.5 Rotary Axis Help,

Gerry,, Does the Rotary Axis have to be Wired to the Y-Axis Motor Driver? Or can it Operate properly with it's own Motor Driver?
    I have watched Videos till I'm Blue in the face, And Just can't seem to Configure My machine to Run Right With Rotary Axis,
    Tried Aspire 10.5 Code,, And Desk Proto, But The Codes are NO WHERE Near right with machine movement,
    Thanks,
    Cubs

If you're using DeskProto, you need to set up a rotary A axis parallel to X. It needs its own driver, separate from Y. You generally set Z and Y zeroes at the center of your part. It works without any substitution of Y axis code for A.

You'll have to ask others about how Aspire works, but if you need help setting up your machine for DeskProto, feel free to reach out.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    If you're using DeskProto, you need to set up a rotary A axis parallel to X. It needs its own driver, separate from Y. You generally set Z and Y zeroes at the center of your part. It works without any substitution of Y axis code for A.

You'll have to ask others about how Aspire works, but if you need help setting up your machine for DeskProto, feel free to reach out.

Setting Up A- Axis parallel to X? Don't have a Clue,, Do You Mean in Mach3?
    IS that Like A Axis being a Slave to X Axis?
    Cubs

I just meant that the central axis of the rotary table and tailstock assembly lines up with the X axis rather than with Y and is on there straight. It's not a slave; it's independent of X and the other axes. In Mach3, all you have to do is ensure that A is defined as angular and calibrated in degrees, with an appropriate velocity and acceleration considering you're talking degrees per minute. Make sure the rotation radius is greater than zero. Here's a site that lays it out in more detail: https://marklindsaycnc.com/2018/04/2...e-rotary-axis/
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    I just meant that the central axis of the rotary table and tailstock assembly lines up with the X axis rather than with Y and is on there straight. It's not a slave; it's independent of X and the other axes. In Mach3, all you have to do is ensure that A is defined as angular and calibrated in degrees, with an appropriate velocity and acceleration considering you're talking degrees per minute. Make sure the rotation radius is greater than zero. Here's a site that lays it out in more detail: https://marklindsaycnc.com/2018/04/2...e-rotary-axis/

As Gomer says: " Thank ya Thank ya Thank ya, !!! Got it to do the Roughing cut on a Chess Piece, It Worked Great,
    But when I started the Finishing code, The Tabs at the ends of the chess piece are so thin, it broke out,,
    So I must Figure out how to keep more stock there,, To keep it from being so weak there,
    cubs