584,817 active members*
4,861 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > About to purchase CNC router from Acctek, is it risky?

Question About to purchase CNC router from Acctek, is it risky?

Hello,

I never purchased any CNC machine and this is all new for me.

Being in the fiberglass business, mold creation is an important part of our production. So we decided to look into a CNC router 4 axis to create shapes from EPS/foam/Wood.

As we were limited in terms of budget, we are looking for Chinese suppliers which apparently are cheaper in general.

We work on big pieces, so we are looking for a 3000x3000x1500mm four-axis router

For the past weeks, I've been reading a lot about CNC machines especially here. I contacted many suppliers and narrowed it down to Jinan Acctec Machinery Co.ltd. I have read here that 95% of buyers are satisfied with their purchase and aftersales service.

So acctek suggest a CNC router 4 axis with the main components being:

- Italian HSD 9.0KW air cooling ATC spindle
    - 8pc linear auto tool changer
    - Taiwan SYNTEC 21MA control system
    - XYZ axis Japanese Yaskawa servo motor and drivers 850W
    - Japanese Yaskawa servo motor 400w A axis
    - Japanese Shimpo reducer on XY axis
    - Japanese Nabtesco Reducer on A axis

Going straight to the point, it would really help me reading your advice on Acctek and/ or the main components of this machine. We are putting a considerable amount on it and are afraid of not getting what we paid for.

If I could I would travel to Jinan and visit them but my country's borders are closed and I can't delay the project.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Thank you.

G

Re: About to purchase CNC router from Acctek, is it risky?

Why 4 axis?I have worked with several types of tooling block to create moulds for carbon and glass and have used either 3 axis or 5 axis machines.Could you explain quite what configuration of a four axis machine will be able to rotate the workpiece once it approaches 3000mm in size?

Additional questions;do you have the knowledge to create your own 3D objects or will the files be supplied to you?Have you factored in the cost of a CAM program and almost certainly a custom post processor?

Until these things have been considered,you don't really need a wish list of machine components because a machine that can't be used by anybody without the dedicated software and without files of the objects to produce won't be very productive.

I wish you success with the project.

The fourth axis is not the rotation device but the ability of the spindle to pivot on the A axis. See this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7xmWtlBSi4&t=125s

I would normally go with 5 axis for mold creation however, these machines cost way more (double). I think the 4 axis will do the same job but it will surely take more time than a 5 axis, I am ready to do the trade on production time.

Yes, I have the knowledge of creating my own 3D, I have been working on CAD software for a while now. I understand that some more knowledge will be needed but I am sure I can catch up with the pace. I actually look forward to it.

Yes I took in consideration the CAM software, more precisely Fusion 360. What are you using?

Thanks a lot for your feedback, looking forward to reading from you!

G

I have to admit that is the first time I have seen a router with that configuration.Convention has it that a fourth axis is normally a headstock and tailstock for rotating the workpiece.A couple of things come to mind;firstly that example used a very,very long tool and while polystyrene would hardly impose much of a load on the spindle bearings,a more dense material would give the bearings a harder time.Secondly,the machine couldn't reach all the vehicle surfaces and didn't do a very significant proportion of the ends.You would have to build some kind of fixturing system to locate such objects so that the datums could be established and the final cuts made.

If I was shopping for a CAM system now I would be asking about whether I am buying a piece of software or handing over the first installment of a subscription that only gives me limited rights.I have used Mastercam in the past and found it excellent and I became quite a fan of Rhinocam.For my own 3 axis hobby machine I use Freecad for design and toolpaths.

I could be wrong here, but my understanding from a mold builder friend of mine, the accuracy required is very substantial.
    I haven't seen a router that has the rigidity to be that accurate.
    You may be doing something completely different from what i'm thinking. Just think it needs to be looked at.
    http://www.heavymetalcnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Heavymetalcnc View Post
    I could be wrong here, but my understanding from a mold builder friend of mine, the accuracy required is very substantial.
    I haven't seen a router that has the rigidity to be that accurate.
    You may be doing something completely different from what i'm thinking. Just think it needs to be looked at.
    There is a lot of difference between making a mould for scoops and ducts that car enthusiasts can add to their car to make them look "cool" and the type of mould that is carved from solid metal for complex injection moulded plastic components,such as those used in medical situations.One of these types can easily be made with a router and one can't.

Not a risk,but make sure they understand what u need. not only acctek, but also to every overseas supplier.
    Video and photo speaks cleary than words.