584,805 active members*
5,210 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Fiber Laser Cutting Topics > Help, I am looking for a fiber laser engraver with X-Y table and cutting ability

Question Help, I am looking for a fiber laser engraver with X-Y table and cutting ability

Hello Folks,

I already own a 50w chinese CO2 laser machine, but it cannot cut metal. Right now I am looking into buying a fiber laser engraver, partly because this is what I think I can afford, partly because I think (maybe wrongly) that I could use it for cutting maximum 1mm thick stainless (even if fairly slowly and in case there is one with enough power). I saw that these machines can be purchased with an x-y table, which would be great for getting straight cuts . . . in case instead of using the galvo mirrors, just having the beam vertical and move the table underneath instead (use it in x-y cutting mode). Now this is what I know almost nothing about. The machines I see on the net equipped with an x-y table, can they be used as lasercutters, or is the x-y table only ment for holding several parts and engrave them in the same fashion? I hope you know what I mean. How much power is needed to cut 1mm thick stainless? Any advice, also on brands, types, what should I look at etc. would be highly appreciated.

Re: Help, I am looking for a fiber laser engraver with X-Y table and cutting ability

Hi dear,This is Flora from Gweike Laser(https://www.gweikecnc.com/)so if you dont mind,may i know your email and whatspp to send you some videos to check it firstly?
    Flora
    [email protected]
    0086 13275359772

Re: Help, I am looking for a fiber laser engraver with X-Y table and cutting ability

Hello bro, it requires at least 280W.

But I'm not an engineer, can not tell you lots of details to build your own one

Quote Originally Posted by michaelcn View Post
    Hello bro, it requires at least 280W.

But I'm not an engineer, can not tell you lots of details to build your own one

I don't want to build one, just buy one but thanks anyway.
    I am wondering if there is some place on the web where all information is collected on what machines are available, what price, how reliable etc. There seem to be too many chinese companies and God knows which one to pick.

How much Do You Know about Air Cutting?

Laser cutting is using a high-power density laser beam of a metal laser cutting machine to cut the material. A narrow slit composed of a series of holes comes into being with the moving of the laser beam to realize cutting. Air cutting is one of the processes of laser cutting held by a metal laser cutting machine. Do you know what is air cutting and what are its advantages?

The principle of air cutting
    In fact, the cutting principle of air is similar to that of nitrogen, which is based on the energy of the laser to melt the metal.

Air cutting is to use an air compressor to compress the air into the air tank, then remove water and oil in the air through various procedures such as filtration, cooling, and drying, and finally use a metal laser cutting machine to achieve metal cutting.

Because air contains about 21% oxygen, it can make up for the deficiency of oxygen and nitrogen to some extent while the metal laser cutting machine is working. So theoretically, air can cut all metal materials that can be melted by laser energy.

Advantages of air cutting
    The advantage of air cutting is reflected by comparing with the effect of nitrogen/ oxygen cutting. The 6KW metal laser cutting machine is used in this experiment to cut stainless steel, carbon steel, and aluminum alloy plate.

The experimental results show that the section by air cutting is better. In speed, air cutting has a slight advantage over nitrogen cutting, no matter cutting stainless steel, carbon steel, or aluminum alloy plate.

It can be concluded that, in the case of less strict requirements, air cutting with greater cost advantage is the right choice. Meanwhile, using air cutting as an auxiliary method is also a way to greatly reduce production costs.

However, it has to take caution that when air cutting is adopted, it must be ensured that the air is filtered by the cold dryer. The air compressor and cold dryer in the metal laser cutting machine need regular maintenance.

Besides, if the air entering the cutting head contains water and oil, the gas pipeline will be polluted in a short time, leading to the fogging of the protective lens and the performance of the mental laser cutting machine. It is wise of you to replace the protective lens in time, preventing it from the damage by the irradiation of the high-power beam.

It will bring superior production if you keep in mind that combining the efficiency, cost, and effect of the mental laser cutting machine.

Learn More: www.hsglaser.com
    Email us: [email protected]
    WhatsApp: +86 186 6372 5772
    Get the Catalog for free and looking forward to collab with you.
    HSG Laser

I think the smallest power of fiber laser is 500w. it can cut 3-5mm steel around.

Quote Originally Posted by Zovax View Post
    Hello Folks,

I already own a 50w chinese CO2 laser machine, but it cannot cut metal. Right now I am looking into buying a fiber laser engraver, partly because this is what I think I can afford, partly because I think (maybe wrongly) that I could use it for cutting maximum 1mm thick stainless (even if fairly slowly and in case there is one with enough power). I saw that these machines can be purchased with an x-y table, which would be great for getting straight cuts . . . in case instead of using the galvo mirrors, just having the beam vertical and move the table underneath instead (use it in x-y cutting mode). Now this is what I know almost nothing about. The machines I see on the net equipped with an x-y table, can they be used as lasercutters, or is the x-y table only ment for holding several parts and engrave them in the same fashion? I hope you know what I mean. How much power is needed to cut 1mm thick stainless? Any advice, also on brands, types, what should I look at etc. would be highly appreciated.
    Hi Zovax, 500W fiber laser machine will be enough for cutting 1mm stainless. Hope your problem has been solved!

Hi, here comes perfect answer,

Firstly, to cut 1mm thick stainless steel need 500w laser cutting machine at least.

1. The principle of laser cutting is that in a very short period of time, the heat generated by a certain power laser generator at the focal point through the lens can at least completely melt the object. The required power depends on the physical characteristics of the cutting object. Such as the absorption of reflection and absorption of light.
    2. Laser engraving and cutting are exactly the same thing. Different cutting is to completely melt the object, while engraving is to melt the surface or completely melt. For example, hollowing out is completely melting, but actually cutting.
    3. The platform galvanometer laser welding or cutting is a semi-automatic operation. Through the program, you can control the trajectory of the branch, that is, according to the welding or cutting requirements of the workpiece, set the XYZ axis, the four axis, the five axis movement direction, pay attention to the XY platform galvanometer welding needs Install the fixture, and you manually unload the material.

Attention ne pense meme pas a acheter une machine de chez GWEIkE .ce sont des arnaqueur avec leur distributeur .