I've just bought a Denford Easiturn 3 Lathe. It's been converted to run on Mach 3. I bought it as a 'Might run but will need a bit of work doing on it', The guy I bought it off was running it (as he told me, Sounded genuine), His 'mate' cam along & went cut, cut, cut, saying you don't need this or this or this etc, etc.
The obvious He sold it.
I asked my mate a qualified electrician to have a look, He's actually a TV engineer but is into stuff like this & has fixed my Interact for me on a few occasions.
He told me that he'd have a look BUT 'didn't know what he was looking for or what stuff was meant to do' I explained vaguely, very vaguely. I made him a cuppa & went away as he told me to, about an hour or 2 later he's asked me to come out to my workshop. I've never worked nor seen Mach 3 before, I turned it on (touch screen) played around with a few buttons & got it working by Jogging & MDI, I checked the position & it kept going back to the same position all the time, I'm well happy so far It's retuning bang on every time to the same position. enough for the day.
Turn off.
Next day I'm doing exactly the same (Yes I've downloaded a Manual) & am using it.
I'm jogging in Z it's stopped, I don't know what I did it started again, But would only go -Z (Towards the chuck). It's carried on like this, Even when I've pressed +Z on the few occasions that it's moved it's always on in the -Z , I've removed what looked like a stop (block of metal clamped to the bed looked like it was put there to stop tool post crashing into chuck.
Now it won't move at all & I'm getting the message "Soft Limits System Movement Aborted"
What have I done? run over a stop, How do I get out if this Please, Thanks, I advance for any help, which will be greatly appreciated.