584,812 active members*
5,484 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > MeshCam - how do I send the G-Code to the GRBL machine

MeshCam - how do I send the G-Code to the GRBL machine

I'm prepared for this to be a stupid question but I've never done it before and it is missed in all the videos I've watched. They show how to use the software and then say.... Just send it to your machine.

The CNC router came with instructions on how to setup and run Easel, which I have done and have progressed only as far as leveling my waste board.

Do I send the G-Code to Easel or straight to the CNC controller. If straight to the machine how do I do the other setups like home, z axis, jogging, and start position.

If I have to go through a management type program can I use an alternative to Easel that is not cloud based. I don't mind buying it but I want a perpetual licence.

Thanks

Re: MeshCam - how do I send the G-Code to the GRBL machine

You don't provide much information about your machine and that makes it difficult to give a thorough answer.I'm guessing it is Arduino based and if so,you might be able to use Universal Gcode Sender.

Re: MeshCam - how do I send the G-Code to the GRBL machine

Quote Originally Posted by routalot View Post
    You don't provide much information about your machine and that makes it difficult to give a thorough answer.I'm guessing it is Arduino based and if so,you might be able to use Universal Gcode Sender.
    Thanks again.

I just looked at UGS and it seems understandable to me. I'll run with that.