584,830 active members*
5,964 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Running a probing cycle after a certain amount of parts

Smile Running a probing cycle after a certain amount of parts

Hi,

Running some parts and using the probing system on a haas super mini mill 2 to measure some bores and other geometry. The problem is that it runs the probing cycles every part. Out of 50+ parts not a single one has been out of tolerance, so it measuring for no reason most of the time. I am a bit of a newbie so i do not know how to use control statements and other more advanced stuff. How can i create a program where it runs the probing cycles maybe every 10th part? 25th part? 50th part?

Re: Running a probing cycle after a certain amount of parts

Block delete would be the simplest solution for you if you have no experience with program logic or macros. Just turn off the block delete when you want to do a measurement

COUNTER 1 for M30 is #3901

#1=#3901 mod 10
    #2=#3901 mod 25
    #3=#3901 mod 50
    #4=#1+#2+#3
    IF [#4 NE 0] GOTO 1111
    (PROBING)
    N1111

What work offsets are you using? The simplest way I can think of is also using the mod function but just relating it to your work offsets... if you are using the 154.01 to 154.50+, you can simply create a counter variable and do math on said variable with a conditional statement.... Also... are you changing parts out or using a palletized set up? If you are using a palletized set up, the counter variable works.

If you are changing out parts, then I would follow echitsch's advice and use variable #3901 for your M30 counter just be sure to reset it once you start over. Every time the cycle ends, the counter will increase by 1, and instead of writing to a single variable and adding them up, you can write out

#1= 10 (CHANGE THIS VALUE TO REFLECT HOW OFTEN TO PROBE)
    IF[[#3901 MOD #1] EQ 0] GOTO#### (CHANGE #### TO PROBING SUBROUTINE LINE NUMBER)
    ... (IF ABOVE STATEMENT IS FALSE JUST CONTINUE)

Alternatively instead of a GOTO statement, you can simply put in an M97 P#### command and have the probing routine as a subprogram after your M30...

There are lots of possibilities on how you can tackle this but it ultimately comes down to what's the best way for you and in a way you can remain consistent from job to job.