585,665 active members*
2,984 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Controller box dead?

Hello, although I am new to this machine 3040, I had a similar problem. The software has the serial number and guidelines to the controller box, it’s not pirated, your voltage may have been set wrongly inside the controller box hence the power capacitor blows, check the transformer, it’s a 24v output to 110 or 220 input. You were supposed to have used a stepped down transformer switching from 220 to 110. Check the capacitors “250v 220uf” if bad replace it. Everything else will work fine. I am writing from my experience, I hope it help.

Quote Originally Posted by Roydubor View Post
    Hello, although I am new to this machine 3040, I had a similar problem. The software has the serial number and guidelines to the controller box, it’s not pirated, your voltage may have been set wrongly inside the controller box hence the power capacitor blows, check the transformer, it’s a 24v output to 110 or 220 input. You were supposed to have used a stepped down transformer switching from 220 to 110. Check the capacitors “250v 220uf” if bad replace it. Everything else will work fine. I am writing from my experience, I hope it help.
    If the software is Mach3 and it is coming from China it will be a hacked copy, there is no one in China that sells a licensed copy of Mach3, a serial number is not a license

A Transformer is not normally required for these machines, they come setup in both voltages

If a Transformer was required it would be a step up, not a step down 120v to 240v
    Mactec54

Hopefully you paid with a service like PayPal so you can send it back and request a full refund.
    The unit should have been fully checked out before they shipped it but who knows about something that comes from far away.

That said I would be happy to help you as much as I can.
    I have a Chinese 3040 CNC machine and it runs great.
    It is a printer port interface.
    The software I use is Mac 3 and I can send you the Mach3 driver for the NC part if need that.
    I think the driver is public domain stuff.

You can call me at 361-563-1303 to discuss the problem.

Willee

Page 2 of 2 12