So I bought an old DHC+ plasmacam machine at an auction and am having issues with the connection to the computer, I think my software is version plasmacam 3.04. Upon initialization I'm getting an "Error: could not start port access driver. Error: code 2". To troubleshoot this I went into the system setting > system setup tab > then autodetect port settings, I then get the same error code 2 message along with a "machine not detected on any port" message that asks me to check power, cables, hardware and BIOS settings. So far I've went into my BIOS and tried several different combinations of parallel port settings to no effect. I've also tried several different parallel port cables.

Aside from the connectivity issues with the computer port the machine appears to be working as is should, the pause light blinks on startup at least.

Do any of you guys have any suggestions on what could be going on?

The plasmacam table came with a windows 7 computer that appears to have been used with the table but there is no way to confirm it wasn't a recent addition to it.

I was going to wait to post this in the official owners forums but it seems they are super slow to let new owners in. I've been told maybe sometime next week I might get access to it....... I must be going threw a security clearance investigation on their end to take so long lol. They must talk about some pretty secretive stuff over there!