584,863 active members*
4,999 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > 1010 Axis cards and blue dummy plugs

1010 Axis cards and blue dummy plugs

Hi!

I have several basket case fadals im working on and I have question about 1010 axis cards.

Attachment 465680

What are these plugs and why some cards (X, Y, Z) have them and some don't? Also sometimes the plug is in "Encoder" connector and other times it is in the "Scale" connector. Some of them seem to have hand written X, Y or Z on them.

Re: 1010 Axis cards and blue dummy plugs

Looks to me like a spare empty ribbon connector. Some prehistoric engineer might have used those dummy connectors to label the cards as X, Y or Z as he swapped them. Just a guess.

...I am thinking you already know this but, just in case you do not know the Config of the Jumpers on this DIP Socket is how to set card and of coarse the eprom's must match.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fadal 1010 jumpers.jpg  

Yes i do.

I managed to get one machine running allthough there is weird issue.

I performed full calibration to the axis drive system starting from feed clock test.

I cant seem to set the X-axis following error to +- 595. The potentiometer runs out of travel at +-540.

Y and Z are fine.

... Is your incoming 3 phase power(voltage across lines) low ?..... easy to adjust with the Transformer taps or maybe the 5% Low parameter

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    ... Is your incoming 3 phase power(voltage across lines) low ?..... easy to adjust with the Transformer taps or maybe the 5% Low parameter
    I have not touched the wiring, it came from 3x400V shop and my shop is 3x400V as well.

Servo amp big blue capacitor measured 168 VDC while all 3 axes were moving.

...its easy to check wiring/jumpers to Transformer. Spindle drive also. The number one killer of spindle drives is over voltage. So, worth getting it correct. ASSUME NOTHING is set correctly and double check. If, the Chart inside the door is missing here is the manual with want ever model Transformer you have. The T-818 probably

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    ...its easy to check wiring/jumpers to Transformer. Spindle drive also. The number one killer of spindle drives is over voltage. So, worth getting it correct. ASSUME NOTHING is set correctly and double check. If, the Chart inside the door is missing here is the manual with want ever model Transformer you have. The T-818 probably
    Thanks!

I will take a closer look next week. Other than not being able to set the servo following error to factory specification the machine seems to be running well.

Actually I am fairly surprised how well the machine is running right now, it came to me as pile of scrap parts. So far only thing I had to purchase new was one resolver for X-Axis. I was able to salvage other parts and get the machine going to a point where it runs G-code from computer.

You might look at the resolver. My 4020 had one axis that generated a high follower error that could not be adjusted out. The resolver was pulled and had a bad bearing. Once replaced, the follower error was reduced to where it could be balanced. A lower reading might also be attributable to a bad resolver.