584,842 active members*
4,614 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > operator query interaction method 30i

Hybrid View

operator query interaction method 30i

I have spent the past couple of days searching here and the web in general and have not found a good way to do this yet.

I want a query message to ask the operator a yes/no question. I then want the operator to enter y/n or 1/0 to determine function. My operators are just that, operators with a very basic knowledge of the machines and have not been able to demonstrate the ability to go to the variable screen and input a value for a specific variable. We have also had a rash of employee turnover recently which exacerbates the training shortcomings.

Is there a was to input a value via the cmd line at the bottom of the message screen and get that assigned to a variable of choice?

I know the Haas m109 call would allow me to do what I want. Just trying to find the Macro B equivalent.

TIA

Re: operator query interaction method 30i

I think with more detail of exactly what you are hoping to acomplish we might have a better understanding as how to achive this. Fanuc 30i does have the Guard function which can be found under OFF/SET screens.

We run 25 parts at a time. We do not require a first article from every run. I want to prompt the operator at the start of the run "Do you require a first article?" I then want the operator to enter y/n or a numeric equivalent. I need to be able to use that input to determine program branching so that I can run the whole batch and not waste the time of all the tool changes and extraneous movement in the first article routines.

INTERRUPTION TYPE CUSTOM MACRO? You may have to add a "YES" button that in the controller trigger an input tied to the interrupt type macro. If the answer is no then simply press cycle start. The INTERRUPTION TYPE CUSTOM MACRO feature will automatically jump to another macro program that you specify. If you need help getting it figured out I can assist.

Drdos,

I would appreciate it. First bit of help needed would be setting up the "Y" button. Putting graphics on screen is a whole new world for me. I have read up on M97 use, and I think I have a decent grasp of its use/syntax.

tia

Can you post your ladder? We have to verify that PMC coil G53.3 works on your machine. If not we have other options. You don't have PM activated here in the Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    Can you post your ladder? We have to verify that PMC coil G53.3 works on your machine. If not we have other options. You don't have PM activated here in the Zone.
    I'd like to see what comes of this.
    How a Y/N selection could be done without macro executor or FP.

Quote Originally Posted by bill4807 View Post
    I'd like to see what comes of this.
    How a Y/N selection could be done without macro executor or FP.
    You can simply write a macro #3006=1(Y/N) for the display and add a Y and N buttons, if the answer is no then continue on with cycle start, if the answer is yes then use the external program search function to call up the routine program. Requires some ladder work. I was looking to use macro interrupt to just call another program when you press the Yes button but there are limitations making that less desirable. You have to be in cycle and the #3006 puts you in a stop state.

Couldn't you address this with the Block Delete key?