585,971 active members*
4,250 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > 124 ALARM-A stroke end limit cancel 1 (LS30-N OSP 5000 green )
Page 2 of 3 123

Re: 124 ALARM-A stroke end limit cancel 1 (LS30-N OSP 5000 green )

Attachment 465824check the wiring and function of this very lock - marked in the picture. This is "overtravel cancel" switch.

"chuck clamp" and "chuck unclamp" both are on. I would check the limit switches just in case.

PAUL: Ok I will check the wiring and the operation of this switch. I will trace the wires fully and check the contact function! (Thanks)

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    Attachment 465824check the wiring and function of this very lock - marked in the picture. This is "overtravel cancel" switch.

"chuck clamp" and "chuck unclamp" both are on

PAUL: No this is just my camera flash making the LED look on. They are in fact not lit.

"chuck clamp" and "chuck unclamp" both are on. I would check the limit switches just in case.

I had left this machine sit till now! But now I have all the service books and the wiring diagrams and I may have another try. Just for a test is there a way to identify the stroke end limit wiring and for testing purposes connect or override the limit switches so as to trick the machine into moving? Just for a quick test?

The OT release is how to bypass the stroke end limits. I’m wondering if the switch is working correctly or if it is connected to a relay that went bad. Since your alarm is OT release it thinks the switch is on. It must be off to run. If it’s in the off position, then the control is still seeing it as on and that’s the problem. Check the switch and circuit completely.
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    The OT release is how to bypass the stroke end limits. I’m wondering if the switch is working correctly or if it is connected to a relay that went bad. Since your alarm is OT release it thinks the switch is on. It must be off to run. If it’s in the off position, then the control is still seeing it as on and that’s the problem. Check the switch and circuit completely.
    Ok, I'll check this circuit including the OT switches. But if what you are saying is correct then one could simulate this alarm by deliberately engaging the OT switch while the machine is in AUTO mode. Im not sure that this is what would happen? Ive never actually tried this.
    The alarm in my case did come on while running an operation in AUTO mode.

Yes you are correct. The alarm should come on any time the switch is on. You should then go to manual mode press reset and would be able to move off the stroke end switch. Once off the switch, turn the OT release back off and press reset again to clear the alarm.

Best regards,
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Hello I have a same problem, did you manage to solve it ?

Tell the story. It doesn't happen out of nowhere?
    Did you read the thread? If the "OT Release" switch active?

Quote Originally Posted by defcom View Post
    Hello I have a same problem, did you manage to solve it ?
    No! Despite the generous help here I have not yet dug too deep into the issue. The machine is still idle. The machine is currently full of sharp steel chips and frankly I haven't mustered the energy to clean it and dive in.

Tell me does your control panel work, because since this alarm though mine is fully lit and has a display but the whole panel is frozen and not one button or switch or nob functions which I believe even this alarm it should.

At first I had a problem with OPUS5000 PSU (power supply unit). It was damaged and I replaced it with another one from a working machine of the same type, same type of power supply. After replacing, this alarm 124 appears and nothing can be done. The alarm appears in AUTO, MDI, NULLPUNKT and TOOL SET modes and cannot be cleared. PARAMTERS and EDIT modes are locked and nothing happens when pressed. When you change to MANUAL mode, the alarm disappears, but all axes are locked and you can't make any movement, turn on rotation or rotate the head. Opening and closing of the jaws and the tailstock works.

https://youtu.be/yFspaWu2jEQ

This is Okuma LC15, and in this version there Is no stroke end limit cancel switch in the cabinet…

That's exactly the case when the engineer must go to the machine. If there is Okuma without "OT release" switch ... I would like to see the one.

on the other hand, the message is nearly the same when the special code is used to bypass interlock. The "code used" means some special paraeter set to a special value in order to obtain some unusual function for maintenance.

At this point I was able to determine that the "OT release" is on the panel under the German name "UBERWEG". The fault is also in the panel (the one with the monitor), because after replacing it with another one, it works properly without alarms. The PANEL INPUT signals from the CNP-2 connector on the new panel also appear correctly. Probably one of the boards in the panel is defective, according to me C-8566-4012-3 but we are still determining this.

not necessary defective. Some signals could be just inverted.
    PSU (power supply unit). It was damaged and I replaced it
    So, the question again. If you replaced PSU or Panel or both?

not necessary defective. Some signals could be just inverted.So, the question again. If you replaced PSU or Panel or both?
    The 124 alarm appeared after replacing the damaged PSU, it disappeared only after temporarily replacing the panel with another one, that's how I know where the fault is. The problem occurs somewhere in the panel. Signals from the CNP-2 connector do not reach the computer PANEL INPUT

did you try to move axes with that panel without Alarm?

did you try to move axes with that panel without Alarm?
    Yes, in the new panel worked correctly to move the axis. That's why I already knew where to look.

Problem diagnosed, one IC was damaged on the board from the photo. After replacement everything works as it should !!!

Page 2 of 3 123