584,837 active members*
4,895 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Laser Master 8.5 no see dongle

hi
    i have laser master 8.5 with password and dongle

when i install program and dongle the software no open..it say can not find key assosiated with password

when i enter the password during install it does show the dongle user Id which matches my dongle

in dev manager the dongle shows up fine and is lit green

i have tried installing on 3 diff pcs....with vista..xp and 7 and all produce same results

anyone have any idea?

did signwarehouse cleverly build in a obsolete date that renders the software/dongle no longer usable?

if so that would be pathetic behavior by them.

thank you

Re: Laser Master 8.5 no see dongle

...if, dongle is parallel port type...check your PC bios port settings for EPP or ECP may fix it.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_port

USB Dongle

could this be the issue...the item circled does not show up during my install...the other 3 items above do
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lasermaster.jpg  

...yes. I would say its a Winblows problem. run as Admin before installing in win7 or some kind of firewall setting with any anti virus programs

this what my install look like

i no use antivirus nor firewalli have tr
    ied installing in xp vista and 7 and none of them show same image as manual...all 3 missing the 4th install option but also my version is 8.5..the manual is 8.0...maybe they cahnged procedure

...there are some Mircosoft Visual C++ files missing most likely...thank mr gates for not supporting 10 year old software for that part. How to get around it is a different story. Have you tried calling these guys? https://techsupport.signwarehouse.co..._lxi_software/

yes i have..they no longer answer any questions pertaining to the laser master software nor the pinnacle accuris laser..they are playing dumb...laser master 8.5 is designed for xp and vista in which i tried installing..it does open fine if i choose demo mode...i believe .this is a dongle driver issue not the actual software issue

i just need to find out what drivers are needed for the dongle...i would have thought the drivers on the actual install cd would be correct..so thats why im a bit confused

apparently i dont need laser master 8.5 to run my pinnacle accuris laser...i can use corel draw..just sucks that i have laser master software and dongle that are basically worthless...i am new to this laser machine...my other small laser machine uses Laser GRBL controller software which is easy to use and understand whereas this pinnacle accuris laser i will have to learn how to create files ..using diff colors etc to do what i want it to do..and then just click file print.....this is way diff than my other laser for sure.

...its an adventure this thing called CNC ...sumthing new everyday
    thx for follow-up...

well i finally found out who actually made lastermaster 8.5 for signwarehouse

SAI made it..i contacted them and i gave them my password and it shows up to match my dongle...the support told me that even though the dongle is recognized and shows up in dev mgr , the data on the dongle could be corrupt and thats why im getting the error...i still think its a driver issue or missing file but there is no support for this software so i beleive it may be a dead end

I think you are using your dongle and password for the wrong software package.

- Go to this folder: "...\install\Install\Other", you will find this in your install CD\DVD or already installed program on your computer.

- Email me the folder "Other" with all contents + PASSWORD

[email protected]

please read last post

software and dongle are a match confirmed

hey wonderbert do you own a pinnacle accuris laser by signwarehouse?