Dear forum experts,

Waking up to a horrible nightmare and finding out we weren´t dreaming. We had a crash on the SINUMERIK 840D control (1996) and have NO BACK UP.

The machine is a BOSTOMATIC 1000 5 AXIS that was RETROFITTED by a small company out of TOLLAND CT. which seems to be out of business, meaning WE ARE ALL OUT OF LUCK!

Just in case someone will know this company GORDON ELECTRONICS INC. we tried contacting them but no luck, it appears that the engineer who put that retrofit together has passed away already. R.I.P

With all that said. here I go:

Considering that I am a fairly well experienced technician, who is very familiar with PLC, Servodrive, etc programming and also familiar with CNC equipment, other brands like FANUC, MITSU, FAGOR, HAAS, etc. not much familiar with SIEMENS though.

How possible would be for me to go through the whole process of bringing this beauty back to life. ??

I assume the PLC program is still untouched and standing by, so that should be one less thing to worry about ?

Secondly, first thing to do would be to purchase a replacement HARD DRIVE to replace the original one. but that´s as far as I go...

I have been doing some research and I understand that I would also need to acquire OS and Siemens s/w and load it into HD. but then what? considering that this machine came in with a retrofif control, How possible it is to start basically from scratch and reprogram this controller?

Any lights or guidance please?

Thanks in advance.

FLX

BTW: we are located in Lima PERU, so there is no much help around here, it´s pretty much "we are on our own" type of situation, to fly someone from overseas will be way too expensive.