585,581 active members*
3,750 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Controller & Computer Solutions > SMC5-5-N-N with Huanyang VFD - Detect rotation speed has reached

SMC5-5-N-N with Huanyang VFD - Detect rotation speed has reached

Hello, after the M3 command, i would like the SMC5 wait that the spindle have reached is value before continuing. I saw a parameter on Spindle menu that say "wait for xx second before continue after M3 command" but i also saw that the pin UPF on the VFD can say to the SMC5 "i have reached the rotation speed, so you can continue"

I plug UPF on the input 3 port of the SMC5 and run a program. The port 3 is off when i run the program, the spindle start turning, port 3 still be off and once the final speed reached, the port 3 is activated so that is perfect.

the problem is i don't know where to set up "wait port 3 enable after the M3 command before continue the program" on the SMC5

please if someone have an idea, it will be very welcome
    (ps: sorry for my english, i do my best so if it's not clear, feel free to tell me and i try to explain better)

thanks a lot in advance

Re: SMC5-5-N-N with Huanyang VFD - Detect rotation speed has reached

Let us know if you figured it out, it can probably be done with gcode, read an input pin and use goto commands to loop with a delay and read the pin again

Re: SMC5-5-N-N with Huanyang VFD - Detect rotation speed has reached

Quote Originally Posted by inoujk View Post
    Hello, after the M3 command, i would like the SMC5 wait that the spindle have reached is value before continuing. I saw a parameter on Spindle menu that say "wait for xx second before continue after M3 command" but i also saw that the pin UPF on the VFD can say to the SMC5 "i have reached the rotation speed, so you can continue"

I plug UPF on the input 3 port of the SMC5 and run a program. The port 3 is off when i run the program, the spindle start turning, port 3 still be off and once the final speed reached, the port 3 is activated so that is perfect.

the problem is i don't know where to set up "wait port 3 enable after the M3 command before continue the program" on the SMC5

please if someone have an idea, it will be very welcome
    (ps: sorry for my english, i do my best so if it's not clear, feel free to tell me and i try to explain better)

thanks a lot in advance
    Using the wait in the control will be your simplest way to do it, so whatever you have for the spindle ramp up acceleration use that number in your control, to use the VFD Drive output you most likely would have to write a Macro for your control to use the VFD Drive output
    Mactec54