Hey friends. My name is joe, I own a small rc hobbyshop in Texas and my knowledge on this subject is less than forgivable but I'm in a corner and need a little help.
I toyed with the idea of building a small cnc style machine via kit format to cut balsa for kits . My lack of knowledge in the cnc world and my advanced knowledge in crap sold online has kept me from diving in..heck I have enuff hobbies...
until....
I found a nicely built machine while buying a large airplane lot..Sadly the owner/builder had passed so I can ask him. . Hey was a retired former 35 plus yr Schlumberger electrical engineer as I'm told. I picked up tons of connectors,pins, components etc from his shop as well and this very well built small table 3 axis engraver/cutter. It's about a 12 inch table. With a router/dremel motor style set up and a stack of bits in all sizes. The table itself is very heavy and it has a black project box about 12x10x4 inches that holds the power supply, driver board, and what really confused me was a garage door control board or so it appears. For wirless control of some sort..
I'll up load pics if this is the right place or if not I'm sorry but would ask where you can send me for a few answers. The 1st ..
25 pin parallel connector..I need to convert to rs232, USB, or something this side of Monochrome leisure suit Larry, 8088,286 days..
I'm sure without being told the convert cables on Amazon will be as useful As a box of new floppy disks ???? I believe there will be a bit more to the transfer cable...
I'll gladly upload the driver board pic and info if this is the right group to ask.
I honestly would not take this task to fullfill my hobby needs but my at this point my grandson is now excited about working with this machine .. he has a list prepared of builds he would like to start... all sparked from just seeing this tool . and it will be nice to fire up this man's old machine ..
Thank for your time..
Joe