The following information is taken from:
"Basic CNC Router Training Course"
Routech
training SCM Group USA
advanced woodworking products laboratory
Pages 11 - 17

I am currently working on the setup of a Routech Record 240 that uses Xilog3 as the controller. The machine was purchased used and delivered in the described setup below.
The machine originally came with AlphaCAM. It has apparently been replaced with Vectric Aspire. Vector files are post-processed as .xxl files. A program called Winiso.exe converts the .xxl file to a .pgm file. Xilog3 locates the .pgm file on the C:\ Drive.

I am in the process of switching our CAD/CAM from Aspire to VCarve (also a Vectric product). During the set up I am running into a couple of issues with offsets.

H: (Header Instruction)

The header instruction is the most important part of a program; it contains information that is essential for machining and must always be carefully set up. Following an explanation of each of its parameters.

DX = Dimension of the Panel X (usually length). Required.
DY = Dimension of the Panel Y (usually width). Required.
DZ = Dimension of the Panel Z (Usually Height). Required.
- = Working Field. Required.
/ = Tooling File. Denotes the name of the file that contains all information about tools. by default the name is DEF. Required.
R = Number of times that the program will repeat before quitting the program. Required.
* = Units of measurement. Either MM or IN (caps). Required.
C = Continuous execution. DO NOT MODIFY.
T = Raise bars enable variable. This is not the tool number. DO NOT MODIFY.
# = Name of the environmental variables file. DO NOT MODIFY.
V = Intelligent clamping of part variable. This is not the feed rate. DO NOT MODIFY.
BX = Offset of on the X axis. Optional.
BY = Offset on the Y axis. Optional.
BZ = Offset on the Z Axis. Optional.

B: (Boring Command)

This command executes one or a series of holes, depending on the tools selected (list of tools).

X = X Coordinate of the hole. Required.
Y = Y Coordinate of the hole. Required.
Z = Z Depth desired for the hole. Required.
T = Tool list for the operation. The first tool is the REFERENCE tool. Required.
E = Position of the hood. Optional.
V = Boring Feed Rate. Optional.
S = RPM's of the tool. Optional.
G = Number of steps for the boring operation (Pecking). Optional.
D = Out-of-Network dimension. Allows clearance for longer tools or hurdles in the tool path. Optional.

BO: (Optimized Boring Command)

This command executes one or a series of holes, depending on the DIAMETER and TYPE of tools.

X = X Coordinate of the hole. Required.
Y = Y Coordinate of the hole. Required.
Z = Depth desired for the hole. Required.
D = Diameter of the hole. The first hole will be the REFERENCE hole for the successive holes. Required.
N = TYPE of tool that will perform the operation. (Brad=P, Lance=L, Countersink=S). Required.
L = Taper height of the countersink. Required only if N=S.
R = Number of Holes desired.
x = Distance from one hole to another (displacement, step) on the X axis, if more than one repetition is selected. If no step is desired, it is recommended to type 0. Required.
y = Distance from one hole to another (displacement, step) on the Y axis, if more than one repetition is selected. If no step is desired, it is recommended to type 0. Required.
V = Boring Feed Rate. Optional.
G = Number of steps for the boring operation (Pecking). Optional.

< I have to log off for now. I will post more on the subject later tomorrow. Take care and be well. >