584,800 active members*
4,637 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > SC 15 now available

SC 15 now available

SprutCAM 15 is now available in the US from SprutCAM America. There are videos on work flow and fixture implementation here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...WAl7XnTP5FwnIs

Re: SC 15 now available

Looks like some of the multi fixture, multi offset, multi tool setups will be more easy to pull off with less effort and get good code with full collision detection and complete simulation. I have done this for years but it takes time, effort, and lots of experience to do it. With cad templates and fixture catalogs and ability to set ucs in cad has always allowed me to do this efficiently. Having it built into cam program will or can simplify detailed cam setups that include lots of fixtures and offsets and limit need for high level cad to get results

mountaindew - have you installed it yet? I bought the upgrade but have some overdue work to do before I can install it.

FWIW I did the upgrade to 15 when it came out. I like the new vise/fixture feature but honestly haven’t dug into it fully since my 2015 vintage PC runs it like mud. I timed startup at 2+ minutes, the graphics are horrible and the mouse function mapping to Solidworks doesn’t work. Tried playing with every setting imaginable including updating all mouse and video card drivers. Nada. 14 runs great. Not happy I opened Tormach support ticket but they closed on me 3 times basically saying sorry your computer is old…
    So I went out and bought one of those schmancy orbital i9 workstations. Installed and now it loads and runs much much better. Then continuing down the rabbit hole I purchased a perpetual Solidworks 2022 license because my 2015 hUL is stuck on the old box and can’t be transferred. Fingers crossed this fixes it and I’m good to go with CAD/CAM for another 4-5 yrs. yikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered V16 released this week.
    Been playing with the trial download a bit.
    The UI definitely changed so will need to get used to that.

Got over the hump getting used to the new interface and I have to say I’m really liking it. Launched a session of V10 and it’s comical how clunky it was compared to 16
    Of course it wouldn’t be Sprutcam without a few weird-ball bugs but at least tool library functions seem to actually work now…!
    Solidworks file import works most of the time but about half the time I get a message “Future version not supported”
    Importing directly Solidworks using the sprutcam add-in works every time with the caveat I always answer wrong to the scaling question. Part comes in either giant or teeny tiny. Not hard to fix but a little irritating. All my units are set to imperial in both apps but apperently there’s something I dont have set right.