Hello everyone,
I just got a Chinese ATC spindle that comes with a PTC 140 Thermistor and it has two cables coming out of the spindle that are about 24AWG. I contacted the manufacturer and they said the signal is either open or closed depending on if it's safe or not to operate the spindle (I tested it with a multimeter and its normally open). My question is how do I go about connecting this to either a Richauto controller or a relay connected to an alarm/warning light? the Richauto controller has an input for an alarm, it sends a 24v signal and when the signal is returned via the ground terminal the alarm gets triggered. The Richauto manual says it's for the alarm output on servo motors ( I don't have servos). Does anyone know if it's safe to send a 24v signal coming out of the rich auto or a power supply from a relay to a thermistor? Am I getting this totally wrong? has anyone done something similar with these Chinese ATC spindles?

BTW the manufacturer said the thermistor output gets triggered at 180C/356F witch is pretty hot!! they said it's because it's internal and "the internal insulation of this spindle will be destroyed at a high temperature above 180C ,but in theory and practice, the spindle's internal temperature will not reach such a high temperature". I still think thats pretty hot!.

Thank you and I really appreciate any help.