584,814 active members*
5,215 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Dyna Mechtronics > Hello and where to buy belts for a DM2800?

Hello and where to buy belts for a DM2800?

Hello all Dyna friends!

My name is Göran and I live in Göteborg in Sweden.
    I have a 2800 that I converted to linuxcnc and Mesa electronics a couple of years ago. I haven´t been using it much but now I have moved it to a maker space and here it will be used more.
    But now the Y-axis belt snapped and the other belts looks like they will give up soon also. I'm going to replace all belts including the spindle belt.

Does anybody know where to buy belts for this machine?

BR
    Göran

Quote Originally Posted by mrJonasson View Post
    Hello all Dyna friends!

My name is Göran and I live in Göteborg in Sweden.
    I have a 2800 that I converted to linuxcnc and Mesa electronics a couple of years ago. I haven´t been using it much but now I have moved it to a maker space and here it will be used more.
    But now the Y-axis belt snapped and the other belts looks like they will give up soon also. I'm going to replace all belts including the spindle belt.

Does anybody know where to buy belts for this machine?

BR
    Göran
    For my dm4400m I had to pull the belts and measure them, then order replacements based on those measurements.

From what I can tell almost all the mechanical components of these machines are fairly off the shelf standard things that are still available 25 years after production stopped on these machines.
    This certainly makes getting replacement parts much easier than it seems to be on other machines.

Good luck
    Duke

Re: Hello and where to buy belts for a DM2800?

Hello Mr. Göran you can see the attached file information for the timing belt , assuming you still using the original ones from Dyna Mechtronics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A6B6065025.jpg  

Re: Hello and where to buy belts for a DM2800?

Hi RD,
    First, welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, you did not include an attachment in the post. Easy oversight