584,837 active members*
5,452 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Sandvik Tool Wear Analyzer

I came across this device while searching for some tooling and thought it was kind of cool and wondered if anyone here has tried it out. It's a small magnifier that interfaces with your smart phone to analyze worn tooling, and it works with an app to access a database to determine the cause and type of wear and apparently has other features as well. If it works I can see it being useful especially on the shop floor for some of the guys to learn to identify tooling issues.

https://www.sandvik.coromant.com/en-...-analyzer.aspx

Re: Sandvik Tool Wear Analyzer

As I understand the APP works with any camera, but they sell also the applicable lens for "better results".

Looks very interesting. I downloaded it to my phone and will check it out. (iPhone 8 with the regular camera). Let's see if it makes sense.

The photo on their website showed what looked like a magnifier that clips to the phone, so that the phone camera would aim through it. Seems like it's just like the magnifiers they sell to hook up to your computer. I haven't downloaded the app yet, but am going to right now to see what more information it provides.

I have Android, Samsung S10+, I'm going to download the app right now and check it out, we can see if there is any appreciable difference.

I ordered the magnifier that clips onto your phone from Sandvik, it was only $19.80, so when it arrives I'll test it out and re-post here for anyone who may be interested.