584,874 active members*
5,047 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: SCM TECH 95

SCM TECH 95

Please can someone help.

I've recently been asked to work on a SCM TECH 95, Nothing works , the x and z axis are at the limit switch and the plc has numerous errors.

The errors are 603,605,606,607,671 and the tools have the error ./tools.dat (OH) generic error.

this machine is pre Xilog so I cant just reinstall , does anyone have any ideas ?

I'm used to working with up to date Homags and Biesses, I've not worked on anything like this for many a year and any help would be much appreciated.

the machine is SCM TECH 95 1999 Mata AL1/002022 ref 021516

Re: SCM TECH 95

First let me say that I have never worked on one of these, I did see one working once. But may be able to offer some general troubleshooting ideas, having been working on machines for many years. If possible have a chat with the operator to ask about what happened to the machine just prior to the problems occurring.

First I would manually back the axes off of the limits, and restart the the system. If that clears some of the errors then life is better.

If on power up the axes limit out again, then I might check the power supplies for proper voltage.

Power down, remove and reinstall any plugs, connectors, and computer cards. Maybe some cleaning would be in order. Retighten wiring terminals, especially any terminal to terminal jumpers. Power up and try again.

If all that fails, then I see two options: 1) Boat anchor, or 2) a controls upgrade if the machine is mechanically OK. I have a very low tolerance for antique controls.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Jim,

I'm going to go back and try manually move the axis off their limits and hopefully the guys who own it have recent backup .

It really is old and sourcing parts and manuals is nigh on impossible, if I get it working I've then to try program it. oh the joys lol

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolhelp View Post
    Jim,

I'm going to go back and try manually move the axis off their limits and hopefully the guys who own it have recent backup .

It really is old and sourcing parts and manuals is nigh on impossible, if I get it working I've then to try program it. oh the joys lol

Best of luck. Let us know how it turns out.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA