584,837 active members*
5,677 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

cybermation 700 5X10

have a deal to get a 5X10 plasma for very cheap. has anyone ever delt with this machine? Wanted to get some opinions before I purchase. The unit is a 200 model, and comes with plasma,table, gantry, tips, software and computer. Any help would be great thanks in advance.

Ed
    [email protected]

ed
    there might be two post from me but the first one didn't seem to work.

I have one that I have used for ten years and it has been a good machine.
    the weak part is the operating system which is " venix " (not unix or linix).
    It can be a pain to reload and if it is the older version won't run on anything above a 386 computer.
    the parts are still available and it is easy to work on. It would be pretty straight to convert.
    mike

Mike,
    Thanks for the reply. Im not that familiar with the Cybermation, and especially not Venix. Could I buy software such as what Torchmate or Tracker offer, get a new computer and convert this machine to run on present day softaware? I am also wondering if the softaware couls still run the THC on the unit. Im asking alot of questions, but I am sure you understand the investment.

Thanks,
    ED

ed
    i have never found anyone that knows venix except the factory people. you can change the software if you can get it to talk to the machine. you will probably have to change the controller also.
    If you are using it for sheetmetal fitting the software works very well. I have never seen a cybermation machine with a THC. They just use air to lift and lower the head and the torch rides on the metal with transfer balls. It works great for thin sheetmetal.
    mike

Re: cybermation 700 5X10

Hello

I am wondering if you still have the cybermation 700a.
    As I have a similiar table I am trying to get it working, the x axis encoder is damaged and needs replacement.
    Unfortunately because it is old, the part sticker is removed and I cannot find any info about it, even the similar one on the Y axis.
    Could you send me a photo of the encoder sticker that you have? I would really appreciate it as the machine is not working at all because of the encoder.

Regards,
    Bashar

Quote Originally Posted by Bashar85 View Post
    Hello

I am wondering if you still have the cybermation 700a.
    As I have a similiar table I am trying to get it working, the x axis encoder is damaged and needs replacement.
    Unfortunately because it is old, the part sticker is removed and I cannot find any info about it, even the similar one on the Y axis.
    Could you send me a photo of the encoder sticker that you have? I would really appreciate it as the machine is not working at all because of the encoder.

Regards,
    Bashar
    did you every get the cybermation running i have one would very much like to talk to you about it
    thank you daniel

Quote Originally Posted by dlll View Post
    did you every get the cybermation running i have one would very much like to talk to you about it
    thank you daniel
    Hello Daniel,

Yes I actually did.
    I took apart the encoder and found the glass to be broken, I found a little number on the glass which stated the resolution and I bought one.
    I did not have the software to control it through the PC but I could only move the head using the joystick of the table controller.
    This way I did not have much use of it and now it is back offline.

Regards,
    Bashar

contact me at 408 847 2084 i have a controller and a complete system that will let go cheep all the software i am up grading to a new machine and hate to see it go to waste. My system does work but going another way.

Do you still have this system (Cybermation 700)

Quote Originally Posted by dlll View Post
    contact me at 408 847 2084 i have a controller and a complete system that will let go cheep all the software i am up grading to a new machine and hate to see it go to waste. My system does work but going another way.