584,871 active members*
5,300 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

DynaMyte 4400M with Meldas M3 control

OK, I got a new battery, initialized the MC161 board, and finally got the machine to start up. Not without errors though. I am getting a Spindle error during startup. I can jog the axis' and I can home them. Once home though, I can't jog them. I know I have to set more settings correctly and send in the parameters, and tool change macros. Is there some document that is clear in the step-by-step proceedure. I have three different docs that, to me, are not as clear as they could be in the whole proceedure. It's been about 5 years scince I've had to do this and when I did it them, I made alot of mistakes. I eventully got everything to work, but man, it took a long time.
    I just don't remember this spindle error last time.
    i know this is an old machine but I was hoping that some one would remember what to do next.

Thanks,

Bill

Have you tried calling Mitsubishi? I agree that their documents are not always clear.

Yes I agree. Try calling Mitsubishi. They will help you through the alarms unless you can list them for us. If you have homed out the machine and it will not move it sounds like you do not have the soft limits set. If I remember correctly there are two sets of them, one set in the user parameter area and one set in the machine parameter area.
    What is the spindle alarm?
    Mitsubishi phone number (847)478-2100

Thanks for your replies guys. When I have the time , I will give Mits a call. I want to be in front of the machine when I call. Machine is in my garage, I'm at work.(not in my garage) Plus i have computer issues. The laptop computer that I am using to communicate to the machine is have startup issues. Luckely I have spare computer that has all the info in it.

Gosh, Its been so long since I've opperated this machine. I hope I remember how. I run Haas machines now. Much simpler.

Thanks again,

Bill

I have all the books with my machine. I entered in the parameters that were in the service book that someone (I assume the factory) entered. Would the parameters that I have help?

Thanks, but I do have the parameters.

I got my laptop to work, so now I'm ready to comunicate. I just have to remember the steps to go through before sending the parameters in. it's been about 5 years since I've had to do this. alot of water has gone under the bridge since then. i.e. I have changed jobs 2 times and run about 4 different cnc machines. It's tough to rmrember all the nitty gritty stuff for each manufacture.

Thanks again for your help. Would you like the electronic set of parameters I have?

Bill Kobernus

That would be great. You can send them to [email protected].

How much was the battery anyway, Mine needs replacing and I have not gotten around to it.

DSE

How are you making out with this bkobernus? When inputting the data you need to make sure that all of you I/O parameters are set up for communication. Make sure the CNC is ready to receive the data before sending from your PC.

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!!!!!!!! I GOT IT GOING!!!! IT IS ALIVE!!!!!

Wow. Today was the day. For some reason I could remember what steps to take to bring my machine back to life. The hardest part was getting the tool change program in the machine and get it to stay there. It has to do with turning the edit lock on and off. Now I have to write down ALL of the steps before I forget what I did.
    This board was very helpful in reminding me to do the first step. Initalize the boards after replacing the batteries. I had notes on it but could not remember what they meant.
    Anyway, thanks to all for your help. I hope I can repay by helping someone else.

Thanks again,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by bkobernus View Post
    I GOT IT TO WORK!!!!!!!!!! I GOT IT GOING!!!! IT IS ALIVE!!!!!

Wow. Today was the day. For some reason I could remember what steps to take to bring my machine back to life. The hardest part was getting the tool change program in the machine and get it to stay there. It has to do with turning the edit lock on and off. Now I have to write down ALL of the steps before I forget what I did.
    This board was very helpful in reminding me to do the first step. Initalize the boards after replacing the batteries. I had notes on it but could not remember what they meant.
    Anyway, thanks to all for your help. I hope I can repay by helping someone else.

Thanks again,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Long time since you had this issue. Hope you DID write down all the steps since I have this question.

I have a Meldas 520 AMR Control in my Feeler FV-800 that has program memory protection levels ABC.

Level A protects all data in the memories. All programs except those within the range of 8000~9999 can be input, output, edited or erased by turning the data protection key on the panel to the "OFF" position.

Level B protects all data in the memories within the range of 8000~9999.
    If the "B" key is disabled in the user parameters menu, all programs except those within No. 9000~8999 can be input, output, edited or erased by turning the data protection key on the panel to the "OFF" position.

I can handle things so far, but:

The trouble is that I can not find info in the Meldas 520 AM Instruction Manual about disabling/enabling the "C" protection key.

Level C protects all data in the memories within the range of 9000~9999.

I have read this in a bulletin made by Mitsubishi USA:
    "If the "C" key is disabled in the "base spec. parameter" in the machine parameters menu, also programs within No. 9000~9999 can be input, output, edited or erased by turning the data protection key on the panel to the "OFF" position."

Can you please write step-by-step how you do this?

This is necessary to know if the program "O9001" gets damaged and needs to be reinstalled.

OK, I actually found it! Guess it was a bit late at night last time I checked the manual. So below I describe it step-by-step.

Procedure for disabling/enabling the Edit Lock "C" in Meldas 500 series:

1. Press DIAGN IN/OUT button.
    2. Press Menu key under the screen until you can see the option PLC I/F.
    3. Press PLC I/F key under the screen.
    4. Make settings: DEVICE (1001) DATA ( ) MODE ( M ).
    5. Press green INPUT CALC button. You will see no change, but leave it at that.
    6. Press TOOL PARAM button.This brings you to the MACHINE PARAMETERS menu which is now open.
    7. Press BASE key under the screen.
    8. Press the Next Page key (rightmost key under the screen) until you reach
    screen 5/10.
    9. Check Parameter #7 "edlk_c".
    10. Set value 0=OFF.
    11. Press green INPUT CALC button.
    12. Now you can edit the "C"-key protected data.
    13. Do not forget to set Parameter #7 "edlk_c" back to value 1=ON again after the editing is done.
    14. Press DIAGN IN/OUT button.
    15. Press Menu key under the screen until you can see the option PLC I/F.
    16. Press PLC I/F key under the screen.
    17. Make settings: DEVICE (1001) DATA ( ) MODE ( U )
    18. Press green INPUT CALC button. You will see no change, but leave it at that. This brings you back to normal "USER PARAMETER" status.

Hey, if any of you guys have a Meldas controller on a Dyna machine with a 16 tool turret, could you send me your tool change program? I've been trying to get mine to work forever! It works in MDI mode just fine, but in memory mode it gets halfway through the tool change and then stops and gives a Z axis overtravel alarm. It's right before the spindle raises to clear the tool holder. Any ideas? Even if you don't know, I'd still like to compare tool changer programs. Thanks guys!

Mike Black
    [email protected]

This is what I could find:
    O9000
    N1 G30 ZP2 M19 T#20;
    N2 G28 Z;
    N3 M71;
    N4 G30 ZP2;
    N5 M72;
    N6 M99;

Also in your machine parameters tab to the Macro page.

Make sure that Tmac parameter has Type (1) and a prgram-No. of 9000

Good Luck and be careful.

Chippy

Hi,

Here is my Tool Change Program from my Mitsubishi Meldas 520 AMR in my 1996 Feeler FV-800 VMC. Ask someone experienced to analyse it so it works with your control. Note, this PLC's G30 is using the second Ref. Point. My manual says that if there is no Px designation after a G30 command, then the second Ref Point (P2) is selected anyway.

%
    O9001()
    N1#1=#4003
    N2#2=#4001
    N3#3=#1033
    N4#4=#4120
    N5IF[#4LE0]GOTO20
    N6IF[#4GT18]GOTO20
    N7IF[#3EQ#4]GOTO20
    N8G40G80G63
    N9M60
    N10G91G30Z0M19
    N11M40
    N12G04P500
    N13M12
    N14G04P500
    N15G91G28Z0
    N16M41
    N17G30Z0
    N18M11
    N19M42
    N20G#1G#2
    N21G64
    N22M99

%

Now I have a question:

My Meldas 520 AMR use G30 in the Tool Change program and in a special Tool Length Measuring program.

Example:
    G91G30Z0M19 (as shown in the above program)

I would like to adjust Z0 (for myG30P2) as I find it a little too low for my ATC. The spindle's tool clamping/unclamping movement pushes (flexes) my umbrella type tool magazine a little bit downwards when changing a tool and I don't like that at all.

Can someone explain where in the control's menu's one can set or adjust all G30 parameters for 2:nd, 3:rd and 4:th Reference Points.

Go back into the machine parameters as you described below and look for a tab called ZP-RTN. On this page you will find the 4 ref. return parameters for each axis.

Regards,

Chippy

Thanks Chippy,
    :cheers:
    I did that and it works. The 4:th axis page is not shown until it is installed and enabled I guess. The 4:th axis is in the pipeline for January though!:banana:

Procedure to set, or modify, the 2:nd, 3:rd and4:th Reference Points (G30P2, P3, P4)

1. Press DIAGN IN/OUT button.
    2. Press Menu key under the screen until you can see the option PLC I/F.
    3. Press PLC I/F key under the screen.
    4. Make settings: DEVICE (1001) DATA ( ) MODE ( M ).
    5. Press green INPUT CALC button. You will see no change, but leave it at that.
    6. Press TOOL PARAM button.This brings you to the MACHINE PARAMETERS menu which is now open.
    7. Press MENU until the ZP-RTN option is visible.
    8. Press ZP-RTN key under the screen.
    9. Edit P2,P3,P4 settings for X, Y, Z and 4:th axis. The 4:th axis page is not visible unless "4:TH REMOVE" is switched off in the PLC-switch area.
    10. Press DIAGN IN/OUT button.
    11. Press Menu key under the screen until you can see the option PLC I/F.
    12. Press PLC I/F key under the screen.
    13. Make settings: DEVICE (1001) DATA ( ) MODE ( U )
    14. Press green INPUT CALC button. You will see no change, but leave it at that. This brings you back to normal "USER PARAMETER" status.

As for using the G30 command in programs: My manual says that if there is no Px designation after a G30 command, then the 2:nd Ref Point (P2) is selected anyway.