I wonder whether the system is intended for an Arduino based control,given the USB port.I can see no mention of any control software on the packing list posted earlier and GRBL or similar is widely available.It seems puzzling that Mach 4 has been acquired in addition to the kit,when no mention of it being necessary is quoted and yet somebody has unearthed the nugget that the machine is intended for EMC2 (which is a designation that was dropped years ago).I don't see a parallel port delivering enough power to turn a spindle,but then the machine only has 1/8" collets.Could we have a link to the site the machine was bought from?

I just searched for the machine and found it's twin which has this message on the Amazon page : The machine need Mach3 software as control software, so make sure that you have installed it after you place order.We don"t provide Mach3 software.

Setting up Mach 4 on a machine not intended for it seems to be fairly taxing even for those with a bit of CNC experience.It has to be a nightmare for a newbie.