we have had this 700 watt fiber laser cutter for 3 years and recently moved it to a new factory.

The machine sat for 3 months after the move due to covid but i eventually got it set up and connected in its new home.

After the move for some reason it was having IP address issues with bcs100( maybe because it sat unplugged for so long idk?) but regardless i was able to reconfigure the ip address and get the bcs100 to connect again but i have another issue that i cant figure out.

The ipg laser source has this web based utility that must be connected to fire up the laser but for some reason i am unable to connect to the utility.

I used to type the ip address of the laser into internet explorer to open up the ipg web based utility but now when i type the ip address it doesnt connect.

aside from moving the machine, i didnt change any of the connections. i checked all connections to make sure they are seated properly but still nothing.

Because of covid i am unable to get a tech here from china and ipg tech support tried to remotely log in but were unable to connect with laser and dont seem interested in helping any further because its not one of their machines, only their laser source.

i mean technically my issue is with the connection to their source and not an issue with the machine itself so they absolutely should be helping but heres where i am at.

Does anyone maybe have a suggestion on what i could check?

im hoping that the move didnt damage the laser source but i dont see why it wouldnt connect even if it was damaged.

Anyway i could really use some help.

Thanks