584,837 active members*
5,697 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > Casting Metals > Johnson 900 orifice size - stuck, need help.

Unhappy Johnson 900 orifice size - stuck, need help.

Hello from Canada

Have not had any luck with Johnson gas once they figured out I'm from the north. I have a Johnson 900 crucible furnace that is for NG with a 15/64 orifice. According to JG I need JA-01-00016 - 3/16 LP orifice. They have them but I can't order it and they said since I'm not a distributor they wont sell to me and put me on hold to find me a distributor and just left me there.

Does anyone know if the 15/64 work with propane, if not any solutions or any ideas how I can get one?

Starting to get a little frustrating with borders and such being what they are.

Well any comments or help will be welcomed.

Cheers

Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0779.jpg   IMG_0775.jpg   IMG_0772.jpg  

Re: Johnson 900 orifice size - stuck, need help.

Searching for that part gets a lot of hits on Google. But sizing orifices like that is a little more complicated than you'd think. Apparently, you need to consider your altitude, as well as the fuel source. It's true that you want to use a smaller orifice for LP gas than for natural gas, since it has more BTUs per volume. But if you don't figure the altitude in, bad things can happen: http://enora.nortekhvac.com/literature/7092130.pdf
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Re: Johnson 900 orifice size - stuck, need help.

Here you go!
    Attachment 470204