585,685 active members*
4,407 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > No Clue where to start. Haas TM-2p

No Clue where to start. Haas TM-2p

I just put a deposit down on a brand new Haas TM-2p.

I have no clue where to start with software and post processors, ect. I have 2 Multicam routers, and use EnRoute to do all my CAD-CAM work.

The mill is coming from a local distributor, and is 20 weeks out, so that gives me plenty of time to learn software. The dealer sells OneCNC, but before I buy it, I would like some sort of feedback. I was considering fusion 360 and the HSMworks, because its an CAD-CAM in one, which I like. What exactly does a post processor do? Is it another hidden cost I need to account for? I could really use a little help and some insight into which software you guys use. Im a one man shop, and Im not doing any crazy 5 axis machining. Just 3d.

Re: No Clue where to start. Haas TM-2p

We have a TM-2p, and use Fusion 360. Works well for us. The free version of Fusion 360 is a bit broken, but would still work for you. You can always upgrade later if needed.

The post processor is just the internal translator that takes the raw data from the CAM toolpaths, and outputs the machine specific G code. Fusion 360 has many included post processors to choose from, including several for Haas machines. The post processor will not be an additional expense.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA