585,705 active members*
3,899 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unable to Enable parameter write

Hey I'm hoping to get some help with an issue I have created with one of our old machines.
    Bridgeport VMC3020. The controller is Fanuc 21i.

When I try to enable parameter write it briefly changes to 1 then goes straight back to 0.

This happened after i changed a parameter 3290 thinking it would change Key3 so that i could edit a macro.
    I also changed 3292. Now I am unable to enable parameter write.

Please tell me someone knows a work around for this?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazle07 View Post
    Hey I'm hoping to get some help with an issue I have created with one of our old machines.
    Bridgeport VMC3020. The controller is Fanuc 21i.

When I try to enable parameter write it briefly changes to 1 then goes straight back to 0.

This happened after i changed a parameter 3290 thinking it would change Key3 so that i could edit a macro.
    I also changed 3292. Now I am unable to enable parameter write.

Please tell me someone knows a work around for this?

Thanks in advance.
    You will need to change parameter 3290 in the Offset/Settings page. The settings page is just a collection of parameters that you can change without enabling PWE

Re: Unable to Enable parameter write

Hi thanks so much for the reply.
    When I try make a change on the settings page it says write protect. What can I do about that?

I figured this out in the end. You can directly change parameters using G10 L50. If anyone needs this information I found it in the book fanuc CNC custom macros by Peter Smid

Quote Originally Posted by Hazle07 View Post
    I figured this out in the end. You can directly change parameters using G10 L50. If anyone needs this information I found it in the book fanuc CNC custom macros by Peter Smid
    Hello Hazle07,

I think I am having the same problem that you encountered.

I am trying to enable the System key on the controller (Fanuc series Oi Mate-MD)parameter 03208 SKY. Current value is 1 which is disabling the pysical key, 0 value will enable it. When I go to change the value I get the "Write Protect" warning on the screen. I am in MDI mode with the "Edit" key enabled, I also have the "Parameter Wrtie" Enabled on the Setting (Handy) screen. I have cleared the alarms and cleared the "SW100" alarm with the Reset+Cancel keys and not cycled the power. I am also unable to change the date and time on the "Setting" "Timer" screen either, if that is related?

Is this something that I can change using the G10 L50 code? Sorry, all a bit new to this. Bought the machine recently and now discovering this problem.

Thanks in advance..

Hi,

For some closure on my enquiry. I have sucessfully unlocked the System Key on my controller. Slight variation to the code as per suggestion from another thread.
    Program;
    G10 L52 ;
    N3208 R00000000 ; (Sets the 0 bit to zero instead of 1. 1 locks the System Key)
    G11 ;
    M30 ;

I hope this becomes a help for someone else in the future.