585,560 active members*
3,570 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello
    I hope someone can help.
    I’ve got a problem with length measuring device Heidenhain LC481/20 ML1340.
    The gauge head has a mechanical damage. But the scale is in good condition.
    Can I lock the gauge head of LC481/20 ML320?
    They look identically.
    Thanks

Can I lock the gauge head of LC481/20 ML320?
    Hi
    What do you mean? Why would you like to lock the measuring sensor? Or do you mean whether you can the error with the M of the short?

If the short runs to seed in the mount, you can change the M. without problems. If the labeling of the scale is similar, then they’re also similar inside. You should also check whether the seals are ok. If you make something, change also noted wear parts. HH have them as yard goods, not expensive.

Hi
    What do you mean? Why would you like to lock the measuring sensor? Or do you mean whether you can the error with the M of the short?

If the short runs to seed in the mount, you can change the M. without problems. If the labeling of the scale is similar, then they’re also similar inside. You should also check whether the seals are ok. If you make something, change also noted wear parts. HH have them as yard goods, not expensive.
    Hello uli12us. Thanks for your reply!
    The case is that I don’t want to buy a new long ruler. I just want to change the head. The labeling of the scale is similar.
    Thanks

If you’d like to know if you might exchange the gauge head with each other, then the answer is yes. But usually there’s an ID number and a type labeling on gauge heads.
    Regards, Kudi82

Hello Kudi82!
    The type labeling is the same on these heads – LC481-20 mikr. But ID-numbers are different. The first is from ML1340 mm, another one – ML320 mm.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kudi82 View Post
    If you’d like to know if you might exchange the gauge head with each other, then the answer is yes. But usually there’s an ID number and a type labeling on gauge heads.
    Regards, Kudi82
    Hello, I have a number Lc481 ML 1280 id no 337 461 -45 Thank you friends for your help S.Nr 12 824 386 U C6