584,862 active members*
5,160 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Error 11 - Motor protection parameter P9-01 or Small frequency converter selection

Question Error 11 - Motor protection parameter P9-01 or Small frequency converter selection

Hi there!
    I have a 3 axis CNC6090 with a 2.2 kw spindle.
    Recently, after a 5 hours strait operation, the spindle became to work as half energy and I immediately turn it off.
    After that, every attempt to run the spindle, the VFD pannel notified the "ERROR 13".
    With this situation, I looked after some youtube videos and try to find what was about. At the same time, I change some parameters in VFD and that was a big mistake.
    So, I decide to contact the factory (ChinaCNCzone or SCOTLE TECHNOLOGY). They gave me the path to reset all the parameters and recover the originals parameters. In addition, they explain to me that the "error 13" was a bad connection on the splindle cable or plugs.
    Well, checking the continuity, I found the problem. The cable no. 3 was interrupted.
    Problem solved
    But not! Now, my VFD is showing the "error 11". That means 2 options: Motor protection parameter P9-01 or Small frequency converter selection
    Is there someone that knows this parameters?

HELP, PLEASE!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WhatsApp Image 2021-07-30 at 11.43.13 PM.jpg   WhatsApp Image 2021-07-30 at 11.43.14 PM.jpg  

Re: Error 11 - Motor protection parameter P9-01 or Small frequency converter selectio

Quote Originally Posted by bescorza View Post
    Hi there!
    I have a 3 axis CNC6090 with a 2.2 kw spindle.
    Recently, after a 5 hours strait operation, the spindle became to work as half energy and I immediately turn it off.
    After that, every attempt to run the spindle, the VFD pannel notified the "ERROR 13".
    With this situation, I looked after some youtube videos and try to find what was about. At the same time, I change some parameters in VFD and that was a big mistake.
    So, I decide to contact the factory (ChinaCNCzone or SCOTLE TECHNOLOGY). They gave me the path to reset all the parameters and recover the originals parameters. In addition, they explain to me that the "error 13" was a bad connection on the splindle cable or plugs.
    Well, checking the continuity, I found the problem. The cable no. 3 was interrupted.
    Problem solved
    But not! Now, my VFD is showing the "error 11". That means 2 options: Motor protection parameter P9-01 or Small frequency converter selection
    Is there someone that knows this parameters?

HELP, PLEASE!
    Do you have the VFD Manual PDF post it here
    It sounds like you may have some spindle motor damage do you have a Ground / Earth wire on the spindle this must use a 4 wire shielded cable

What is the name of the VFD Drive they are using
    Mactec54

Re: Error 11 - Motor protection parameter P9-01 or Small frequency converter selectio

Thanks Mactec54 for your help!
    About de VFD Manual, I just found this topic: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/spind...gs-manual.html
    Unfortunately, this is not my VFD...

About the wire, I'm using the 4 ways cable, stock, with that aviation plugs, also stock...

Where can I find the drive? I'm asking this because my machine has a DSP controller.

Quote Originally Posted by bescorza View Post
    Thanks Mactec54 for your help!
    About de VFD Manual, I just found this topic: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/spind...gs-manual.html
    Unfortunately, this is not my VFD...

About the wire, I'm using the 4 ways cable, stock, with that aviation plugs, also stock...

Where can I find the drive? I'm asking this because my machine has a DSP controller.
    The DSP controller is not what runs your spindle there will be a VFD Drive inside the box

There are many VFD Drives you can not just pick one you have to know what you have , yes it is not a Huanyang as the Parameters are not correct for that VFD Drive
    Mactec54