585,748 active members*
3,656 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Fanuc Ladder

Fanuc Ladder

Hello Friends,

I have one situation.

The Machine ( Punch Press) has 30 Station Turret ( T Axis) , out of which 2 stations are Auto Index Stations ( C Axis) 180 Degrees Opposite of each other.

Now There is Only One IN-Position Detector for Auto-Index Station . Now Suppose we call the 1st AI station ( 11 ) it works well , because the input of IN-Position detector ( X4.5) is assigned to detect Auto-Index IN-Position.

But If we call the Opposite Station i.e. ( 26) station , physically it gets aligned perfectly, but the IN-Position Sensor detects it as Station ( 11), obviously because its input ( X4.5) to PLC is designated that way.

So The same ( Only One ) Sensor is used to detect the IN-Position Signal of Both the Auto-Index Stations. It gives Alarm , since I am calling Station (26) But The Sensor Tells that Station (11) is IN-Position.

Now My Question is , Is it possible to get the Feedback of Called Station ( T-Code ) from The Program Into Ladder , so that I can put a IF-THEN-ELSE condition or something to make double use of the same sensor to detect the IN-Position. for example

If Called Station is ( 11) then normal , means IN-Position signal ( X4.5) is Correct
    And
    If Called Station is ( 26) Then Also the IN-Position Signal ( X4.5 ) is Correct.

Or

Any other Way to make similar Logic in Ladder so that it will work.

Experts ....please suggest the way out.

Re: Fanuc Ladder

Can you post your ladder file? Also, what is the controller type? Sounds like it was only meant to use station 11 as an auto indexer station. Might be a PMC parameter setting that states which stations are auto indexers to know when to use that signal.

Hello DrDos,

Controller is AMADAN 04PD ( in collaboration with FANUC ) .

Actually in the Original setup , both the stations work perfectly.

Now we have Retrofitted the Old Controller with New FANUC Oi-PF controller. ( however we did not try to capture the Original Ladder , ROMS are still with me, we will try it)

Both the Auto-Index Stations are designated by Parameter , so the controller knows which is C1 & C2 .

Question is , How do we assign IN-Position detecting sensor to both of these A/I Stations in Ladder Logic.

I just need the current ladder that is in the machine now.