586,009 active members*
5,100 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 3 123

Huanyang VFD remote switches Issue

Hello guys .I am a newbie (never used or installed a VFD before) trying to install a Huanyang GT series VFD to control the foot pedal on my tire changing machine .I have everything installed and i can use the keypad to turn the motor in forward and reverse positions . i have been unable to get the foot pedal to operate the motor however The pedal is controlled by 3 micro switches .One for low speed .one for high speed and one for reverse . i have tried multiple programming parameters but cannot get it to work.I ran the low speed wire to S1 the high speed wire to S2 and the reverse to S3 ran the green wire to ground . Should this setup even work on this VFD ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_9307.jpg   low speed switch.jpg   high speed switch.jpg   reverse switch.jpg  

rotaion.jpg   switch.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by waybel View Post
    Hello guys .I am a newbie (never used or installed a VFD before) trying to install a Huanyang GT series VFD to control the foot pedal on my tire changing machine .I have everything installed and i can use the keypad to turn the motor in forward and reverse positions . i have been unable to get the foot pedal to operate the motor however The pedal is controlled by 3 micro switches .One for low speed .one for high speed and one for reverse . i have tried multiple programming parameters but cannot get it to work.I ran the low speed wire to S1 the high speed wire to S2 and the reverse to S3 ran the green wire to ground . Should this setup even work on this VFD ?
    Changing the analog speed input with the foot pedal won't necessarily release the drive to run. There should be a drive release signal, maybe there is a momentary switch to be pressed and foot pedal to enable the drive or another drive enable signal from the foot pedal.

Re: Huanyang VFD remote switches Issue

The 3 switch circuits S1 S2 S3 have to be connected to Com for those inputs to work, so the Neg side of the switch has to be connected to Com on the VFD Drive not the PE Ground

Each switch will have to be programed in the drive for the speed you want it to run at, I will check and see what you can do for that part, mean time be careful what Parameters you change as you can create more problems if you set the wrong Parameters

So, what speed do you want the low speed and high speed to be???
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    The 3 switch circuits S1 S2 S3 have to be connected to Com for those inputs to work, so the Neg side of the switch has to be connected to Com on the VFD Drive not the PE Ground

Each switch will have to be programed in the drive for the speed you want it to run at, I will check and see what you can do for that part, mean time be careful what Parameters you change as you can create more problems if you set the wrong Parameters

So, what speed do you want the low speed and high speed to be???
    Thanks so much for the help .Will wait for your reply before doing anymore.Not exactly sure of RPM but i looked at a similar machine and it said Two-speeds forward (7 and 17 rpm) for efficiency or finesse whatever that means.I suppose reverse goes at 7 RPM also.Will have to try with tire to see how fast or slow the tire rotates on the table . .So i guess the green wire goes to COM and that would be the COM under S2 ? I there a way to erase all the old parameters and start over fresh?Would probably be my best bet as listening to different people and trying different parameters are for the most part wrong
    Last edited by waybel; 01-13-2023 at 02:21 AM.

Thanks so much for the help .Will wait for your reply before doing anymore.Not exactly sure of RPM but i looked at a similar machine and it said Two-speeds forward (7 and 17 rpm) for efficiency or finesse whatever that means.I suppose reverse goes at 7 RPM also.Will have to try with tire to see how fast or slow the tire rotates on the table . .So i guess the green wire goes to COM and that would be the COM under S2 ? I there a way to erase all the old parameters and start over fresh?Would probably be my best bet as listening to different people and trying different parameters are for the most part wrong
    P0.17=1 to restore default Parameters

Is there a reduction gearing between the motor and what it is driving.??

Get everything working from the KeyPad before moving to Remote control.

Post what Parameters you had set some may be correct.
    Mactec54

I think i am better to restore parameters .The motor is connected with a v-belt to a transmission that turns the table. I asked Huanyang for help and they finally got back to me. They made me change a bunch of parameters and wiring also.This still didn't work .Received some info from Huanyang overnight.Their support is good although i am not sure it is correct.They sent me a small video,a wiring diagram and some parameters.I will add them here so you can check it out.I am not sure how to attach the MP4 video says invalid format
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  

Well basically in the small video he sent he shows putting all the parameters in.He then connects black (COM) and blue wire (S3) and vfd starts in reverse i am guessing.He then sets pod to 14.70 .He then attaches yellow wire S2 high speed to the black and blue wires.VFD reads 15.00 .He then removes yellow wire and attaches red wire S1 low speed to the blue and black wires and vfd reads 10.00 .There is no audio because he speaks chinese only i am sure. If this works do the blue and black wires stay together and are connected to my green wire?

Well basically in the small video he sent he shows putting all the parameters in.He then connects black (COM) and blue wire (S3) and vfd starts in reverse i am guessing.He then sets pod to 14.70 .He then attaches yellow wire S2 high speed to the black and blue wires.VFD reads 15.00 .He then removes yellow wire and attaches red wire S1 low speed to the blue and black wires and vfd reads 10.00 .There is no audio because he speaks chinese only i am sure. If this works do the blue and black wires stay together and are connected to my green wire?
    There is nothing attached so can't really see what he is doing, Go advanced (bottom of this window) and you may be able to attach it there.
    Mactec54

It says invalid format when i try to attach it.It doesn't allow MP4 files its about 20 meg file
    i described the video pretty well exactly what he did

I uploaded it to youtube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxyDO_WIoB0

Also he said
    With regard to the reverse function, you only need to set a parameter P5.04=2 to reverse it, which will be more convenient
    Last edited by waybel; 01-13-2023 at 09:51 PM.

I uploaded it to youtube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxyDO_WIoB0

Also he said
    With regard to the reverse function, you only need to set a parameter P5.04=2 to reverse it, which will be more convenient
    Can you post the YouTube link. does not seem to be working here.

P5.04=2 is correct, if you are using S4 input
    Mactec54

He doesn't show using S4

He doesn't show using S4
    Video is all working now

He is using the PLC to Program the speeds. No, he missed the S4 you will need that for Reverse! so now you will have / need 4 wires!
    S3 is the Main FWD Run Terminal Connection S4 is the Reverse Connection

P0.01=1 (Remote Control)

P5.01=16 (S1 Terminal=Multi-Step Speed 1)

P5.02=17 (S2 Terminal=Multi-Step Speed 2)

P5.03=1 (Forward RUN) S3Terminal connection

P5.04=2 (Reverse RUN) S4Terminal connection

PA.04=20% (Ajustable 0-100% RPM Speed 1) This is a PLC Parameter to set the Slow Speed.

PA.06=30% (ajustable 0-100% RPM Speed 2) This is a PLC Parameter to set the Fast / Rapid Speed
    Mactec54

So should this work and how do i go about wiring this?

So i would leave my low speed wire to S1 my high speed wire to S2 S3 jumpered to Com Reverse wire to S4 and green common/ground wire to ground? Is that correct ?

So i would leave my low speed wire to S1 my high speed wire to S2 S3 jumpered to Com Reverse wire to S4 and green common/ground wire to ground? Is that correct ?
    No, it can't be wired like this.

Do you have a wiring diagram or the specs / link to the foot pedal.
    Mactec54

Here is the latest message from Huanyang

Green ground wire , Connect the red paint terminal next to the driver uvw terminal
    s1, com, s3, three wires short together is a low speed
    S2, com, s3 three wire short is a high speed
    com and s4 are a reverse switch
    13-Jan-2023 9:56 PM
    Parameter p0.01=1, p5.01=16, p5.02=17, p5.03=02, p5.04=02, pA parameter is to change the low speed and high speed
    Ans the pA parameter is about adjusting the content of low speed and high speed

here is the wiring diagram
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.PNG21.jpg  

Red wire reverse black is low speed brown is high speed green is ground

Page 1 of 3 123