584,817 active members*
5,124 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Understanding Fanuc window functions

Hybrid View

Understanding Fanuc window functions

Hello,

I'm a bit of a beginner to this so please bear with ... I have a Fanuc 30i and I'm trying to understand how to implement sub51 to read parameters to an R address which I then want to access in ladder. My issue is I don't understand how to reference each parameter using the window function. Basically I would like to know if anything on the first page of the parameter screen has changed from 0. Would anybody be able to give me an example of a window function setup in R addresses starting at R2600 for instance, for the bits highlighted with red squares in the attached image please.

TIA !!!!!

Re: Understanding Fanuc window functions

Fanuc doesn't allow you to read bits. You must read the whole byte (Bit 0 - 7). Being that you have 0's in all the parameters then reading is simpler. Here is the ladder I came up with. I didn't test this so you might have to tweek this. Also I had to change the ZONETEST.LAD to ZONETEST.txt so the Zone would allow me to attach it so rename it ZONETEST.LAD before opening

Thanks a lot for this. I'm just going over it now, I'll get back to you once i've managed to get my head around it! cheers!!!

Hi chas00 could you please help me? I need Fanuc 31i-Ta & 32i-TA system and backup files? If possible could you please share with me.
    [email protected]
    Thanks

For many functions of the NC there are corresponding F bits for status in the PMC. As an example F110 is the status bit for Detach which a part of parameter 12.7 function. Have you checked to see if there are possibly F bits for the functions you are trying to monitor?
    Sometimes windows are the only way, but I try to limit usage whenever possible as they pose their own unique challenges.